NEW YORK, May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Engineering News-Record (ENR, http://www.enr.com/), McGraw Hill Construction's industry-leading information source, announced the winners of the ENR Global Best Projects Awards last night in Manhattan. The second annual awards were presented at a dinner celebration as part of ENR's Global Construction Summit (http://construction.com/events/2014/global-summit/).
The ENR Global Best Projects Awards, known as the "ENR Globies," honor outstanding examples of the risks and rewards of designing and building internationally. A judging panel of independent industry leaders examined projects' safety, innovations, challenges and design and construction quality, placing special emphasis on the diversity of project teams and their teamwork.
The Halley VI Antarctic Research Station, an innovative project in one of the most extreme environments on Earth, won the Education/Research category and was judges' unanimous choice for Project of the Year. The $42 million station was built by British Antarctic Survey and designed by a partnership between the London offices of AECOM and Hugh Broughton Architects.
The winners, featured at http://www.enr.com/, include:
- Best Project, Bridges/Tunnels: Dragon Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam
- Award of Merit, Bridges/Tunnels: New Europe Bridge, Bulgaria/Romania
- Best Project, Cultural: Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg, Canada
- Award of Merit, Cultural: TsingTao Pearl Visitors Center, Qingdao, China
- Best Project, Education/Research & Project of the Year: Halley VI Antarctic Research Station, Antarctica
- Best Project, Government Buildings: Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse, Long Beach, CA
- Award of Merit, Government Buildings: U.S. Embassy Compound, Dakar, Senegal
- Best Project, Green Project: Center for Sustainable Landscapes, Pittsburgh, PA
- Award of Merit, Green Project: U.S. Embassy Compound, Phase 1, Helsinki, Finland
- Best Project, Manufacturing: Superabsorbent Polymers Project, Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Award of Merit, Manufacturing: Y-Tec Keylex Mexico Automotive Parts Manufacturing Facility, Salamanca, Mexico
- Best Project, Office: The Place, London
- Best Project, Power/Industrial: Al Khairat Gas Turbine Power Plant, Karbala, Iraq
- Award of Merit, Power/Industrial: Ras Al Khair Aluminum Smelter, Saudi Arabia
- Best Project, Renovation/Restoration: Repairs to 10,000 Quake Damaged Houses, Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Best Project, Residential/Hospitality: Curundu Urban Renovation Rebuilds Community, Panama City, Panama
- Award of Merit, Residential/Hospitality: THR350, Hong Kong
Retail, Mixed-Use Developments
- Best Project, Retail, Mixed-Use Developments (Tie): Shams Abu Dhabi Gateway Towers, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Best Project, Retail, Mixed-Use Developments (Tie): The Star, Singapore
- Best Project, Water/Wastewater: Panama Wastewater Treatment Plant, Panama City, Panama
The ENR Global Best Projects Awards are presented by Calik Enerji with supporting sponsors CMiC, IDOM, Odebrecht and PCL Construction.
For more McGraw Hill Construction events, visit http://construction.com/events.
About McGraw Hill Construction: McGraw Hill Construction provides essential data, news, insights, and intelligence to better inform construction professionals' decisions and strengthen their market position. McGraw Hill Construction's data, analytics, and media businesses – Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, and Engineering News-Record – create opportunities for owners, architects, engineers, contractors, building product manufacturers, and distributors to strengthen their market position, size their markets, prioritize prospects, and target and build relationships that will win more business. McGraw Hill Construction serves more than one million customers through its trends and forecasts, industry news, and leading platform of construction data, benchmarks, and analytics, including Dodge MarketShare™, Dodge BuildShare® and Dodge SpecShare®. Construction data is available for North American and global markets. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
About McGraw Hill Financial: McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power, and McGraw Hill Construction. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Media Contact: Kathy Malangone, Senior Director, Marketing Communications, McGraw Hill Construction, +1 212-904-4376, email@example.com
SOURCE McGraw Hill Construction