OAKLAND, Calif., Oct. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, today announced the annual genre addition of Halloween themed stations. The eight new stations offer listeners a wide range of music to enjoy throughout the holiday - - everything from a mix of upbeat Halloween-inspired hits to a melodic collection of spooky instrumental compilations to a variety of kid-friendly classics - - and are accessible via http://www.pandora.com/#!/genres/halloween.
Manager of Curation, Pandora, Michael Addicott, said, "Pandora themed stations are amongst our most popular genres because they provide a free, turnkey solution for people looking to create the perfect soundtrack for almost any holiday or celebratory occasion. This Halloween, whether listeners are looking to delight party guests or build ambience for neighborhood trick-or-treaters, Pandora offers personalized radio stations that are simple, free and accessible to fit their individual music needs."
Genre stations on Pandora are stations seeded with artists and albums specific to a certain type of music, mood, event or holiday. After adding a genre station each individual listener can further personalize and refine the station by providing thumbs-up and thumbs-down feedback.
The new Pandora Halloween themed stations include:
- Halloween – hear a great mix of Halloween favorites – from goofy to scary, groovy to symphonic, campy to classical – including spooky tunes from movie soundtracks and TV themes and hard to find hits by Danny Elfman, Clan of Xymox, Ray Parker Jr., Depeche Mode and Wolfsheim.
- Halloween Party – get party guests in the spooky spirit with this ultimate mix of Halloween classics, Halloween theme songs and scary soundtracks from a range of genres including pop, R&B, alternative, rock and oldies and featuring iconic Halloween hits like "The Monster Mash," "Ghostbusters" and "I Put a Spell on You."
- Spooky Symphonies – create the perfect ambience for neighborhood trick-or-treaters with ominous classical melodies and horror soundtracks including themes from the films, "Psycho," "Beetlejuice," "King Kong," and Bram Stoker's "Dracula."
- Children's Halloween – play a selection of kid-friendly Halloween hits to add an element of fun to any children's party at school or home that features Halloween novelty songs including the themes to "Ghostbusters" and "The Addams Family" and artists like The Wiggles, Kidz Bop Kids and Danny Elfman.
- Ghostly Grooves – enjoy a supernatural blend of dark wave, witch house and goth music featuring artists like Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Salem, LA Vampires and Zola Jesus.
- Witch House – get lost in this sluggish tempo music with skipping, stop-timed beats coupled with elements from genres such as noise, drone and goth and featuring artists like Salem, Balam Acab and White Ring.
- Goth – revel in a combination of dark, often keyboard-heavy haunting music with introspective lyrics from artists like Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division.
- Industrial – experience a fusion of dark rock and electronic music with a blend of avant-garde electronics experiments (tape music, musique concrete, white noise, synthesizers, sequencers, etc.) with a punk twist and featuring artists like Front 242, Skinny Puppy, Nitzer Ebb and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult.
For more information on how the new Pandora Halloween themed stations were created or to speak to a Pandora representative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. (OK, we've added comedy as well so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love.) Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. www.pandora.com