ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Disney villains will invade Disneyland park along with Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes when Halloween Time returns to Disneyland Resort Sept. 17 through Oct. 31. Highlights of the Disneyland Halloween season include the return of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy – the thrillingly "haunted" version of the popular Tomorrowland attraction – and the longtime favorite Haunted Mansion Holiday, in which Halloween and Christmas collide for an attraction inspired by "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas." Guests will also enjoy the new, nighttime water spectacular "World of Color," performing nightly at Disney California Adventure park.
Halloween Time offers families a chance to enjoy seasonal attractions and decor, as well as interact with beloved Disney characters decked out in whimsical Halloween costumes. Guests will also experience spooky fun with Disney's more sinister characters, the Disney Villains. In addition, the private-party celebration that has been so popular with guests will return for 10 special nights in October as Mickey's Halloween Party.
Moving to Disneyland this year with a new name, Mickey's Halloween Party is the separate-ticket event that invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at the resort. This nighttime celebration is scheduled for Tuesdays and Fridays in October (1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26 and 29) plus Halloween night itself, Sunday, Oct. 31. Highlights include:
- Trick or Treating in the ultimate Disney neighborhood, with even more treats along "Mickey's Hide-and-Go-Treat Trails"
- New dance parties – at Tomorrowland Terrace and the French Market
- The "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular, hosted by "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey's Halloween Party)
- New surprises in "Mickey's Costume Party" cavalcade, performed twice nightly
- Character photo locations featuring Mickey and his pals, princesses and other favorites
- The opportunity to arrive three hours before the party starts to play in Disneyland
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions
Tickets purchased in advance for Mickey's Halloween Party are $49 most days, while tickets purchased on the event days are $54. For Oct. 31, all tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party are $59.
Favorite Disney characters, including Mickey himself, will dress up in their favorite costumes. It's the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.
For Halloween fun at Disneyland, guests will enjoy Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. The experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves of the journey are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas." Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the holidays in their unusual style. Jack's return to the Haunted Mansion includes the traditional Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house in the Mansion Ballroom, with some special spooky surprises in this year's design.
Halloween Time offers frightfully delightful fun for children and adults.
- For spine-tingling fun, drop in at The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure park, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival. More than 300 pumpkins will be on display in shop windows and none of them are the same!
- Visitors to Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland will find ranch animals, pumpkin carvers, Halloween decor and activities for youngsters, all presided over by Sheriff Woody.
- Meeting Disney characters will be easier than ever as Disney villains gather to plot Halloween mischief at "it's a small world" Mall in Disneyland, while other characters in spooky attire greet guests in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A.
- Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland will honor Dia de los Muertos/Day of the Dead with traditional skeleton figures on display Sept. 19 through Nov. 2.
- Special Halloween treats will be available in Disneyland, including menu items such as Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash, served in a dog dish in honor of Zero.
- Halloween Time gifts are offered in Disneyland Resort shops. Gifts include jack-o-lantern mouse ears and collectable pins depicting Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes.
For more information about Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort, see www.disneyland.com/halloween. This site will be updated with frightfully fun details.
$300 Savings on Four-Day, Four-Night Vacation Package*
Value-minded vacationers can celebrate Halloween Time with a special travel offer this fall. Guests will enjoy a $300 savings on a four-day, four-night Disneyland Resort vacation package at any Disneyland Resort hotel if booked between now and Dec. 1, 2010. The package features hotel accommodations and park hopper tickets, for travel from Oct. 1 through Dec. 16, 2010. For guests seeking a hotel room-only offer, Disneyland Resort features great savings this fall at any three of its on-site deluxe hotels. Details are at www.disneyland.com/specialoffers.
Disneyland Resort features two fantastic theme parks – Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park – plus the Downtown Disney District comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The resort's three guest-welcoming hotels are the luxurious 745-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the magical 988-room Disneyland Hotel and the 489-room Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel with its "day-at-the-beach" fun. For information on new attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort visit www.disneyland.com, call 866/60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
*4-Day, 4-Night Vacation Package Disclaimer: *$300 savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same 4-night package, with 4-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Tickets, at a Disneyland® Resort hotel for a family of four (3 adults and 1 child (age 3-9)). Offer is valid for bookings from 8/17/10 through 12/1/10 and for arrivals from 10/1/10 through 12/16/10 with travel being completed by 12/20/10. Not valid for previously booked rooms or for suites. Check for offers associated with different package lengths of stays. The Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Tickets expire 13 days after first use or 12/29/10, whichever occurs first, and each day of use of a ticket constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes. The number of rooms allocated for this package may be restricted and are subject to the blockout dates of 11/24/10 - 11/26/10; advance reservations required. Not valid with group rates or any other discount or promotion. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Walt Disney Travel Company CST: 1022229-50. ©Disney
SOURCE Disneyland Resort