Hard Rock Cafe Releases State Of The Burger Survey To Celebrate National Burger Month This May Bite a Legendary™ Burger, Snap a Picture, Post it Socially and Win a Trip to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana Every Day in May
ORLANDO, Fla., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The hamburger has long been considered America's unofficial food, and since its founding by two Americans in London more than 40 years ago, Hard Rock Cafe has served as a burger ambassador – bringing its "Legendary" selection of delectable American burgers to 57 countries around the world.
To celebrate National Burger Month this May, Hard Rock surveyed fans around the globe to determine international burger-eating habits and gain some insights as to why this American-staple has become an international favorite.
State of the Burger – Statistics
- One for the money, two for the show ... 73 percent of people surveyed eat at least one and up to five burgers per month
- Cheese please ... 22 percent of fans cited cheese as their favorite burger topping, with Cheddar being the top cheese of choice for more than 55 percent of respondents (a shocking upset for American cheese lovers everywhere)
- International relations ... the American burger is best suited for a French companion with 60 percent of those asked naming the French fry as their burger's perfect mate (a mild surprise to shake fans)
- Buns won ... even in a carb-conscious world 89 percent of respondents wouldn't think of enjoying a burger without a bun
- Well played ... 30 percent of burger connoisseurs surveyed prefer their burger cooked medium-well – with a slight pink center
- Legendary griller ... 26 percent of fans thought Bon Jovi would be perfect to man the burger grill at a summer-concert tailgate – beating out musical competitors like Justin Timberlake and Beyonce
"Bite it, Snap it, Post it, Win it"
Hard Rock Cafe is also giving fans a chance to celebrate National Burger Month with a beach getaway to the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana. Starting on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, and continuing every day until Friday, May 31, 2013, fans who take a picture of themselves with a Hard Rock Legendary Burger at a U.S. Hard Rock Cafe location and post via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #hardrockburger or upload it to www.hardrockburger.com will be entered to win a four-day, three-night stay at the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana.*
Just like the artists whose memorabilia lines the walls at Hard Rocks worldwide, the burgers Hard Rock Cafe has served for more than four decades are nothing short of "Legendary." The Hard Rock Cafe menu features more than 10 Legendary™ Burger offerings – all featuring 10 ounces of Certified Angus Beef, fresh ingredients, savory sauces and rich, melty cheeses.
For additional information on Hard Rock's Legendary™ Burger options and the "Bite it, Snap it, Post it, Win it" promotion, please visit www.hardrockburger.com or follow Hard Rock on Twitter @HARDROCK.
*NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. Must be 21 or older and a lawful, permanent resident of, and physically located in, the fifty (50) United States or DC. Starts May 1st and ends May 31st, 2013. Each daily period starts 11:00:00 a.m. ET and ends 11:59:59 p.m. See www.hardrockburger.com for official rules, entry, prize and other details. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc.
About Hard Rock International
With a total of 178 venues in 57 countries, including 140 cafes, 18 hotels and 8 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the companies' two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, Fl., both owned and operated by HRI parent company The Seminole Tribe of Florida., as well as other exciting locations including Bali, Biloxi, Chicago, Cancun, Las Vegas, San Diego and Singapore. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include San Jose, Ibiza, Chennai, Istanbul and Tenerife. New Hard Rock Hotel projects include Palm Springs, Aruba, Riviera Maya, Abu Dhabi and Shenzhen and Haikou in China. New Hard Rock Casino projects in development include Hungary and Northfield, OH. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.
SOURCE Hard Rock Cafe