ORLANDO, Fla., May 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Guests say bon voyage as their taste buds take flight on Hard Rock Cafe's World Burger Tour. Hard Rock Cafe locations in North America are celebrating the start of burger season with a menu showcasing international Local Legendary™ Burgers — from the English Breakfast Burger, which pays homage to a classic English breakfast, and Hard Rock's first-ever location in London, to the Jamaican Jerk Burger, which features mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk seasoning inspired by Montego Bay. The limited-time menu is available now through Thursday, June 30, 2016. This year, Hard Rock is also offering a literal World Burger Tour, a travel package that takes the most adventurous burger enthusiasts on the road (and the skies) to sample offerings from the World Burger Tour menu at Hard Rock Cafe locations in London, Athens, Buenos Aires and Seattle!
"Our World Burger Tour menu was a fan-favorite last summer, so we've remixed the menu and added burgers with authentic, regional flavors from Athens, Mumbai, Buenos Aires and more on this year's tour," said Alex Merchan, Sr. Director, Marketing & Sales Cafes Worldwide of Hard Rock International. "For the first time, we're also offering a World Burger Tour trip so guests can pack their bags and see the sights and sounds that have inspired our burgers for the past 44 years."
Backstage Burger Pass
Hard Rock gives chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Local Legendary Burger that captures the flavors of their city. This year more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock's culinary team with fan favorites selected to headline the World Burger Tour menu. Throughout May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
- English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
- Java Lava Burger (Seattle, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
- Tandoori Chicken Burger (Mumbai, India) – a dark meat chicken patty seasoned with aromatic spices and fresh herbs, topped with mint mayonnaise and cucumber planks
- Jamaican Jerk Burger (Montego Bay, Jamaica) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with banana pepper rings, mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk mayo
- ATOMIC! Burger (Las Vegas, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Atomic beer-battered peppers, pepper jack cheese, Atomic crispy onions, sautéed mushrooms, garlic chipotle ketchup and chipotle mayo
- Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, a fried egg, salsa criolla and garlic aioli
- Greek Burger (Athens, Greece) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with arugula, feta cheese and a tomato slice
- Aloha Burger (Honolulu, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with SPAM, Monterey Jack cheese, a grilled pineapple ring with sweet soy glaze, guacamole and pico de gallo
"Hard Rock wanted to offer a unique blend of spicy, sweet and savory flavors for our guests to enjoy on this year's World Burger Tour," said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. "Whether we're serving up coffee beans in Seattle or salsa criolla from Buenos Aires, there is something for every palate."
Hard Rock Cafe has created cocktails that perfectly complement World Burger Tour offerings. Served in Hard Rock's iconic mason jars, adult guests can order with the suggested pairing or mix it up with any other burger from the limited-time menu. New cocktails include:
- All Jacked Up – created to balance the Jamaican Jerk Burger's spicy flair, this cocktail features a mix of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, pineapple juice, Orgeat and lime juice, garnished with orange and pineapple wedges and a cherry
- Crisp Sipper – inspired by the Aloha Burger's sweet and savory taste, this cocktail features a mix of Hendrick's, Monin Cucumber, lemon, orange and raspberry, topped with tonic and garnished with rosemary and thyme
- Melonpalooza – designed to complement the fresh flavors of the Greek Burger, this cocktail features a mix of Midori Melon Liqueur, Malibu Rum, Hard Rock's house-made sour mix and pineapple juice, garnished with slices of pineapple and strawberry
- Sweet & Fiery – inspired by the ATOMIC! Burger's spicy flavor, this cocktail features a mix of ABSOLUT Peppar Vodka, Canton Ginger Liquor, Blue Curacao, lemonade and ginger beer, garnished with a red pepper
- Black Cherry Melonade (non-alcoholic) – created to complement the rich espresso of the Java Lava Burger, this mocktail features a mix of Black Cherry Real and Monin Cucumber, topped with ginger beer, garnished with a cucumber slice and a cherry
Burger Tour for the Roadie
For those a little more hungry, Hard Rock will bring its menu to life and offer a unique burger experience that takes guests' taste buds on an international journey. Hard Rock, in conjunction with global experience agency RPMC, is offering a World Burger Tour travel package that includes stops at iconic cities including London, England; Athens, Greece; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Seattle, United States. This four-stop, once-in a lifetime excursion celebrates the cities that inspired Hard Rock's World Burger Tour.
The World Burger Tour travel package is a private, 10-night trip that includes flights, first class hotel accommodations, ground transportation and exclusive dining and music experiences at Hard Rock Cafe locations in each city not typically available to the public. As part of the trip, guests will also partake in exciting and unique sightseeing opportunities to get an up-close look at the cultures that have inspired Hard Rock for years. Throughout the trip, travelers are encouraged to enjoy — and indulge — with unlimited access to Hard Rock's fresh, American fare-inspired menu and world-famous cocktails.
In Hard Rock's hometown of London — where the first cafe opened its doors in 1971 — guests will get a private tour of the Rock Vault, which includes Hard Rock's most valuable memorabilia in music history, as well as the first-ever piece: Eric Clapton's guitar. Of course, no visit across the pond would be complete without a taste of the English Breakfast Burger and a trip to the Tower of London or a sweep of the city in a Big Bus Tour.
Travelers will be treated to similar behind-the-scenes experiences at cafes in Athens, Buenos Aires and Seattle and sample Local Legendary Burgers at each. Guests will also be able to take part in meet-and-greets with chefs and unique memorabilia tours, as well as visit breathtaking, historic landmarks in Athens, tango across exciting nightlife excursions in Buenos Aires and check out the view from Seattle's iconic Space Needle. Thanks to Hard Rock's global presence, this adventure of a lifetime is a must-see for serious jetsetters. To learn more about how to book a customizable trip and for additional information on the World Burger Tour menu, guests can visit www.worldburgertour.com. (Cost $24,999 for two guests)
*World Burger Tour menus may vary by location; guests should consult their local cafe for a full list of featured burgers
About Hard Rock International
With venues in 68 countries, including 164 cafes, 23 hotels and 11 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise, Hard Rock Live performance venues and an award-winning website. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company's two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Tampa and Hollywood, Fl., both owned and operated by HRI parent company The Seminole Tribe of Florida, as well as other exciting locations including Bali, Chicago, Cancun, Ibiza, Las Vegas, Macau and San Diego. Upcoming new Hard Rock Cafe locations include San Juan, Reykjavik and Lyon. New Hard Rock Hotel projects include Abu Dhabi, Atlanta, Berlin, Dubai, Itapema, Los Cabos, Tenerife, and Shenzhen, Dalian and Haikou in China. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hard-rocks-world-burger-tour-takes-guests-on-the-trip-of-a-lifetime-300264366.html
SOURCE Hard Rock International