Harley-Davidson Offers Three New Models for 2011 Plus New PowerPak Touring Combo and Available ABS for Softail® models
MILWAUKEE, July 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Harley-Davidson introduces the new SuperLow™, XR1200X and Road Glide® Ultra models with its expansive line of 2011-model-year motorcycles. With 32 models including urban brawlers, long-haul touring machines, contemporary customs drenched in chrome, dark retro-style bobbers, exhilarating sport roadsters and inviting standards, Harley-Davidson offers a motorcycle to match the desires of almost any street rider. Each rolls to the sound track of the American road, a syncopated V-Twin cadence that is the pulse of every Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
Highlights of the 2011 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The new SuperLow combines revised front end geometry, new wheels and tires with a reshaped seat and handlebars to achieve well-balanced handling and comfort that will inspire confidence in new riders and exhilarate those with experience.
- The qualities of a frame-mounted fairing and luxury touring accommodations come together in the new Road Glide Ultra. Powered by a Twin Cam 103™ engine, this long-haul beauty comes equipped with a King Tour-Pak® luggage carrier, vented fairing lowers, ABS (anti-lock braking system), Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, cruise control, and a four-speaker, 80-watt Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System.
- The new XR1200X is Harley-Davidson Sportster® performance honed to its finest edge, with adjustable front and rear suspension, floating front brake rotors and the surging power of a high-compression 1200cc Evolution® V-Twin engine.
- Select Touring models gain power and technology with the new Harley-Davidson PowerPak, which bundles the Twin Cam 103™ engine with ABS (anti-lock braking system) and the H-D® Smart Security System. PowerPak is a standard feature on the 2011 Road King® Classic, Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and Road Glide® Ultra models, and will be available as a factory-installed option on the 2011 Street Glide® and Road Glide® Custom models.
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Softail models except Cross Bones® are newly available with optional ABS. New hand controls add features, convenience and cleaner styling.
- The 2011 VRSC™ power-cruisers are available with a new Security Package option, which bundles ABS with a Smart Security System for greater value. Michelin® Scorcher™ tires and new colors and graphics round out changes to the Night Rod® Special and the V-Rod Muscle™.
- The four 2011 Dyna® models project pure attitude. Built with the rawest styling of all the Big Twin motorcycles, Dyna models are a customizer's dream. Each is offered in new colors.
Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO™) offers four premium, limited-production motorcycles for 2011.
- The new CVO Road Glide Ultra features a Road Tech® zumo® 660 GPS navigation system, upgraded Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system with BOOM! Bagger speakers and an 8GB iPod® nano® and dock, and a two-up suspended touring seat with dual heat controls.
- The CVO Street Glide rolls on a new 19-inch Agitator™ front wheel, and new ventilated fairing lowers house two of the six speakers that are part of a 100-watt-per-channel audio system that incorporates an 8GB iPod nano with dock.
- The CVO Softail Convertible has a new audio system that integrates 3.5-inch speakers and a 20-watt-per-channel amplifier into a redesigned inner fairing. Music is delivered by an 8GB iPod nano stored in a protective pouch. Also new is a 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar, Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, keyless ignition and ABS.
- The CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® has a new suspended, heated, two-up seat with leather inserts. Dual mufflers feature new chrome billet end caps with black spears, and new mirrors are finished in mirror chrome.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.
SOURCE Harley-Davidson Motor Company