CHICAGO and TAMPA, Fla., May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Harmony Health Plans, Inc., a WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) company, announced today that it is accepting nominations for the 2017 Harmony CommUnity Hero Awards. The honors will recognize local champions dedicated to helping their community members live better, healthier lives.
Awards will be presented in five categories:
- Health Care - Health care providers or systems that go above and beyond to ensure their communities have access to quality health care.
- Education - Educators who not only tend to the academic growth of their students but also assist with their health or other social needs.
- Advocacy - Persons or organizations who advocate for accessible, quality health care in the community.
- Government/Public Policy - Public officials who improve public health via policy and legislative changes.
- Community Support - Individuals who give of their own time to assist those in the community live heathier, better lives.
One winner for each category will be selected from both the Northern and Southern Illinois regions. Honorees will be awarded a plaque and a $500 donation to the charity of their choice.
"Throughout our communities, groups and individuals are working tirelessly to help their neighbors access the services and care they need for their health and social needs," said David Reynolds, Harmony acting president and WellCare north division senior vice president. "Harmony is proud to be able to recognize those that are providing vital social services to our communities."
Nominations are now being taken at http://www.thecommunitycommitment.org/award-programs until June 2, 2017, for northern nominations and July 5, 2017, for southern nominations.
Counties eligible in the northern region extend from the Illinois-Wisconsin border south to include Hancock, McDonough, Fulton, Pekin, McClean, Ford and Iroquois counties. Southern region nominees are eligible from all other state counties.
As of March 31, 2017, WellCare and Harmony Health Plan serve approximately 205,000 members in Illinois, including 156,000 Medicaid members, 17,000 Medicare Advantage plan members and 32,000 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan members.
About WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses exclusively on providing government-sponsored managed care services, primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. WellCare serves approximately 4.1 million members nationwide as of March 31, 2017. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com or view the company's videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/WellCareHealthPlan.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmony-health-plan-inc-announces-community-hero-awards-for-illinois-300462962.html
SOURCE WellCare Health Plans, Inc.