HD Radio™ Technology Positioned For Its Strongest Year with CE Products in 2013
More than 60 new Aftermarket Car and Home Products to Launch in coming year, most with advanced HD Radio features
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2013 International CES -- iBiquity Digital, the developer of HD Radio Technology, reported today strong momentum in its consumer electronics business, with accelerating growth in the key segments of aftermarket car radios, premier home audio, and portable navigation devices (PNDs). This growth builds on the breakthroughs HD Radio Technology enjoyed in 2012, with broad expansion in new cars.
Robert Struble, President and CEO of iBiquity stated, "2013 looks to be a very strong year for the HD Radio Consumer Electronics business. We will see big gains across all CE categories - aftermarket car, home, portables, and PNDs. Aftermarket car brands Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony are all expanding their HD Radio product lines. Premier home audio brands Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, Onkyo, Integra, and Yamaha are all refreshing their lines with new models. Most of these products will launch will advanced HD Radio features, providing more value for consumers. We're proud that HD Radio products from JVC and Sony have received 2013 CES Innovations Awards."
More Than 60 New CE Products Introduced
CE brands are significantly expanding their HD Radio line-ups in 2013, with more than 60 new HD Radio receivers launching. Many of them will be on display at the HD Radio booth at CES, Central Hall, Booth 9033. Highlights include:
- Aftermarket Car: More than 40 new aftermarket car products are launching this year, from all major brands:
- New Alpine models in both double DIN and single DIN sizes, adding to an already significant line
- New JVC models, including the 2013 CES Innovations award winning KW-NT810HDT flagship model, with Digital Traffic and Active Alerts, a brand new HD Radio feature that add emergency alert capabilities, using the new CAP alert protocol, rolling out across the country
- A significantly expanded and fully upgraded Kenwood product line; their largest HD Radio equipped product offering ever
- An expanded Pioneer line including new single DIN models and double DIN multimedia and navigation models
- New single DIN and double DIN models from Sony, including the 2013 CES Innovations award winning XAV-701HD, with HD Radio Technology built-in
- Home Audio: More than a dozen new home products coming from leading brands including:
- Two new Denon flagship AV Receiver models, launched just this fall
- Three new Marantz products including two preamp/processors and a new AV Receiver, launching now
- Three new Onkyo AV Receivers featuring a new Texas Instruments chipset solution for CE products
- A new flagship Integra branded AV Receiver also using the new semiconductor solution from Texas Instruments
- Three new Yamaha AV Receiver models, building on past successful offerings
- Two new products from premier brand McIntosh Laboratories including a preamp/processor and their first ever HD Radio AV Receiver
- New tabletop products from the Audiovox and Insignia
- A significantly expanded line of Garmin PNDs supporting HD Digital Traffic will also launch this year. Garmin HD Digital Traffic delivers real time traffic over the HD Radio™ system, up to 20 times faster than analog RDS streams. It provides traffic information for interstates and highways as well as detailed coverage of side streets and other secondary roads in major cities. For more information about Garmin's 2013 nuvi lineup, please visit garmin.com/nuvi
Advanced Features Provide Rich Media and new services to the Radio Experience
High quality of HD Radio audio broadcasts are being enriched by exciting new features and services that are being rapidly deployed by radio broadcasters:
- Artist Experience provides excitement to broadcast radio by providing graphic information like album art along with the audio stream. Artist Experience will be available on significantly expanded FM broadcast streams and products in 2013
- Active Alerts is the newest HD Radio feature that works in conjunction with new government required Emergency Alert Services. It provides extended audio and text-based information alerting the public to weather, disaster, and other incidents.
- Channel Guide, Bookmark, Digital Traffic, iTunes Tagging and other advanced services will also be on display
The 2013 CES HD Radio Booth is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall, Number 9033
About iBiquity Digital Corp.
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new HD2/HD3 FM channels through multicasting, crystal-clear sound and data service on both the AM and FM bands – all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio Technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Piscataway, NJ. For more information, please visit www.hdradio.com and www.ibiquity.com.
Note to editors: HD Radio™ and the "HD Radio" logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp. The "HD" in HD Radio™ is part of iBiquity Digital's brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
SOURCE iBiquity Digital Corporation
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.