LONDON, April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AMA Research have published the 5th edition of the report 'Health and Safety Products Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. The report reviews developments within the industry, with emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative market assessment and recent trends, key influencing factors and forecasts of future developments are assessed in detail.
Key areas covered:
• Detailed assessment of the market- market sizes, product mixes, key trends and issues affecting the market.
• Analysis by product group - PPE, Hygiene, First aid, Safety signs and Fire safety.
• Review of the supply and distribution structure - and profiles of leading manufacturers and distributors.
• Forecasts of market developments - to 2019.
The health & safety products market (in non-domestic applications) comprises personal protection equipment (PPE), hygiene products, first aid products, safety signs and fire safety products. Performance of the market is heavily reliant on replacement purchases and on new or revised legislation, as well as construction and manufacturing activity levels. This is a mature market, though market performance has been more positive in 2014/15, reflecting a stronger manufacturing and construction market. Market conditions are set to improve as the economy continues to recover, with the market forecast to achieve low but steady growth over the 2015-2019 period.
Key areas of insight include:
• Analysis of market performance - growing requirement for some products in the workplace underpins the market.
• Review of the key influencing factors affecting the market in 2014/15.
• Product group analysis - market sizes, product mixes, influences and trends.
• Review of key suppliers - shares of major players in each product sector.
• Review of key distribution channels - industrial product distributors, health & safety specialists etc.
• Forecasts of market performance to 2019 - prospects and market drivers.
Some of the companies included:
3M, Ansell (UK), Arco, BM Polyco, Brammer, Buck & Hickman, Bunzl Group, Capital Safety, Cederroth First Aid, Centurion Safety Products, Connect Hygiene Products, Crest Medical, Cromwell Tools, Deb, Dupont, Eriks Industrial Services, FWB Products, Globus Gloves, Gojo Industries Europe, Grafton, Greenham Trading, Hayley Group, HC Slingsby, Honeywell Safety Products, HSS Hire, Impacto, JCB, JSP, Key Industrial Equipment, Kimberly-Clark, Kwintet, Lifting Gear Products, Metsa Tissue, Microgard, Moldex, Monks and Crane Industrial Group, MSA, Oregon, Pal International, Parker Merchanting, Praybourne, Protec, Reliance Medical, RS Components, Safety First Aid, Saint Gobain, SCA Hygiene, Scott Health and Safety, Screwfix Direct, Seton, Sioen Group, Spartan Safety, Speedy Hire, Stoko Skin Care, Sundström Safety, Swift Industrial Supplies, The Ashtead Group, The Viking Rubber Company, Travis Perkins, Uvex, Wallace Cameron, Wolseley.
Key areas covered in the report include:
• UK health & safety products market – market definition, size and factors underpinning demand and restricting growth.
• Overall market size in value terms from 2009-2014, with forecasts through to 2019, recent performance and future prospects in the market.
• Key market influences including health & safety regulations and exceptional circumstances (such as natural disasters and virulent disease outbreaks), level of imports, price competition, product development, employment numbers, key end-use markets including construction and manufacturing base. Impact of economic climate.
• Overview of key suppliers and distribution channels – dominance of industrial products distributors and health & safety specialists in product distribution.
• Product groups reviewed - PPE, hygiene products, first aid products, safety signs and fire safety products – market sizes and forecasts 2009-2019.
• Estimated shares of main product groups within overall market in 2014.
• Product group analysis – definition, product mix and market sizes, with forecasts to 2019.
• Product sectors – review of products within sector, including recent trends and factors affecting sector. Supply structure for each product, including market shares of leading manufacturers.
SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTION
• Profiles of leading manufacturers of health & safety products – market shares of leading players by sector, company structure, product profiles and turnovers etc. Recent acquisitions.
• Review of distribution – estimated channel shares in 2014 including general industrial distributors, health & safety specialists and equipment hire companies etc.
• Profiles of leading distributors – estimated shares of leading general industrial distributors and health & safety specialists. Review of key distributors including company structure, product profiles and turnovers.
• Forecast of market development in the short, medium and long term.
• Positive and negative factors affecting market growth – performance of UK economy, employment levels, housebuilding, construction and manufacturing, consumer visits to retail outlets, leisure establishments & public offices and regulations.
• Outlook for the health and safety products market through to 2019.
The UK health and safety products market within non-domestic applications is mature and, as a consequence, is heavily reliant on activity and output in construction and manufacturing, as well as a strong economy and steady employment. The market declined in value terms between 2011 and 2013 but saw low level growth in 2014. The market is strongly price driven, which constrains value growth, and this has also helped drive penetration of low cost imports.
Personal protection equipment dominates the market in value terms, with a share of around over 40% in 2014. The sector covers a wide range of products including head, face, eye, hearing and respiratory products, as well as clothing, gloves, safety footwear and fall protection equipment. Hygiene products and first aid products also account for significant shares of this market, however, these sectors are characterised by comparatively low value refill items, intense price competition and a strong presence of unbranded products, which have restricted market growth.
Key factors that have driven positive growth in the review period include new legislation/updates to existing legislation, as well as regular initiatives by the HSE focusing on specific industries or activities – such as the construction sector – and targeting poor standards and unsafe working practices as part of a nationwide drive. Periodic health scares, such as the 2014 Ebola crisis, also drive sales and stockpiling of equipment by the public sector and essential services, although the influence is generally temporary. They also tend to refocus attention on the importance of handwashing and other anti-contamination measures, particularly in hospitals and public places.
The use of reusable products, where possible, has become a permanent feature of the market, driven in part by cost but also by convenience and the need to avoid contamination and the spread of infection. Product development continues to focus on value added features to sustain value growth.
In the short term, demand will be sustained by the current positive economic trends, with growth in construction and services driving recovery. In the medium term, the outlook for construction remains fairly positive, with growth in residential output underpinned by the revival of new housebuilding activity. Changes to legislation are ongoing and the outlook for employment is also positive. Price competition will remain intense, particularly in terms of low-value products and disposables, and this will constrain value growth, with the cost of compliance a relatively heavy burden, particularly for SMEs. The market, which began to recover in 2014 is forecast to continue on this comparatively buoyant path, with the annual rate of growth peaking in 2016/17 at around 4%.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516879/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/health-and-safety-products-market-report--uk-2015-2019-analysis-300253842.html