Healthcare Entities Manage Privacy and Security Incidents with RADAR™ 2.5, HIPAA Final Rule-Ready Software from ID Experts
RADAR Customer Adoption Grows 300 Percent; Simplifies HIPAA and State Risk Assessment Documentation and Reporting
PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A lost laptop or lost paper files can put a healthcare organization in a tailspin, especially if they contain the protected health information (PHI) of thousands of patients. Is this an incident or a breach? Is there a probability of PHI being compromised? Will this require notification? RADAR™ 2.5, the latest software tool from ID Experts, answers these questions for covered entities and business associates, by managing and tracking privacy and security incidents involving personally identifiable information (PII) and PHI. RADAR helps meet all compliance requirements with HIPAA federal and state data breach laws, including the HIPAA Final Omnibus Rule published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on January 25, 2013.
RADAR: The Only HITECH and State Risk Assessment Tool
RADAR 2.5 centralizes the assessment, documentation and reporting process of any incident, allowing users to organize and easily retrieve incident details and all corresponding documentation for regulatory compliance and in the event of an audit or investigation. RADAR customer adoption has grown 300 percent since 2012 and is in use across the country at hospitals and healthcare systems, clinics, university medical centers, state government health departments, health plans and insurance companies, and medical device manufacturers. Information and a video about RADAR are available at http://www2.idexpertscorp.com/RADAR.
Customers Embrace RADAR for its Compliance, Thoroughness, Ease-of-Use
"Our patients' health and well-being are of utmost importance to us. So is the security and privacy of their medical information," said Dr. Cris V. Ewell , chief information security officer at Seattle Children's Hospital. "RADAR gives us a consistent, efficient, and affordable incident management solution that scales and can grow with our business needs."
"Before we had RADAR, I had to spend hours researching and remembering what we need to do to document an event. Now with RADAR, the documentation process only takes 10-15 minutes and the system keeps a historical record so we can look for trends to go back and educate staff," said Alan Avery , chief operating officer, Managed Care Systems, LLC.
RADAR: Risk Assessment Documentation and Reporting Simplified
Key Features and benefits of RADAR 2.5:
- Meets federal and state risk assessment and reporting requirements for privacy, security and data breach incidents; provides incident response plan including a HHS report when notification is expected
- Intuitive risk assessment and documentation process with embedded knowledge of federal and states breach notification rules, making reporting consistent and streamlined
- Common repository for all privacy and security incidents and incident-related attachments such as notes, reports, remediation plans and checklists that can be easily retrieved for OCR, state, and internal investigations
- Proprietary risk assessment with flexibility to handle each incident uniquely based on incident context, internal policies, and privacy office and counsel input
- Secure and scalable with role-based access controls to meet the needs of stand-alone and large integrated healthcare systems and health plans; ability for multiple users to collaborate
- User Alerts lets users know when scheduled notifications due dates approach. This will help users remain compliant with notification obligations and internal policies.
- RADAR can be used to document and track other privacy incidents that may not require incident assessment
"When organizations are faced with a privacy or security incident, they have a burden of proof and need help to assess and document the probability of PHI and PII being compromised. RADAR 2.5 does this objectively, as required by HITECH and state breach notification laws," said Mahmood Sher-Jan , vice president, product management, at ID Experts.
About ID Experts
ID Experts delivers complete data breach care. The company's solutions in data breach prevention, analysis and response are endorsed by the American Hospital Association, meet regulatory compliance and achieve the most positive outcomes for its customers. ID Experts is a leading advocate for privacy as a contributor to legislation, a corporate and active member in both the IAPP and HIMSS, a corporate member of HCCA and chairs the ANSI Identity Management Standards Panel PHI Project. For more information, join the LinkedIn All Things HITECH discussion at bit.ly/AllThingsHITECH or All Things Data Breach at http://linkd.in/TsbwgJ; follow ID Experts on Twitter @IDExperts; and visit http://www2.idexpertscorp.com/.
SOURCE ID Experts
More by this Source
ID Experts Retools to Manage Rapid Growth
Apr 04, 2013, 11:00 ET
11 Data Security Tips for Healthcare Organizations in 2013
Jan 08, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.