SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) announced today that its operating partnership, Healthcare Trust of America Holdings, LP ("HTALP"), priced a $300 million offering of HTALP's 3.375% senior unsecured notes due 2021 (the "Notes") under its existing shelf registration statement. The Notes were priced at 99.205% of the principal amount. The closing of the offering is expected to occur on June 26, 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
HTALP intends to use net proceeds from the offering to repay all borrowings outstanding under its $650 million senior unsecured revolving credit facility, repay up to $125 million of secured mortgage debt and any associated prepayment penalties and for general corporate purposes.
Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Jefferies LLC and U.S. Bancorp Investments, Inc. are acting as the joint book-running managers for the offering.
Copies of the prospectus and related prospectus supplement relating to the offering, when available, may be obtained from: Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, 1525 West W.T. Harris Blvd. NC0675, Charlotte, NC 28262, Attention: Capital Markets Client Support, or by calling: 800-326-5897, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10179, Attention: Investment Grade Syndicate Desk, or by calling: 212-834-4533 collect, or Jefferies LLC, 520 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10002, Attention: Debt Syndicate Prospectus Department, or by calling: 877-547-6340.
A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the Notes, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA), a publicly traded real estate investment trust, is a full-service real estate company focused on acquiring, owning and operating high-quality medical office buildings that are predominantly located on or aligned with campuses of nationally or regionally recognized healthcare systems in the U.S. Since its formation in 2006, HTA has invested approximately $3.2 billion to build a portfolio of properties that is comprised of approximately 14.5 million square feet of gross leasable area located in 27 states. It operates its properties through regional offices in Scottsdale, Albany, Atlanta, Boston, Charleston, Dallas, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2013 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Financial Contact: Robert Milligan Senior Vice President of Corporate Finance Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. 480.998.3478 RobertMilligan@htareit.com
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.