SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA), the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings in the United States, announced today that its operating partnership, Healthcare Trust of America Holdings, LP ("HTALP"), has completed an offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of 3.50% senior notes due 2026.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay a portion of the outstanding indebtedness under the Company's revolving credit and term loan facility and for general corporate purposes, including, without limitation, working capital and investment in real estate.
"We were pleased with the high level of investor interest for this offering, which underscores our ability to access the capital markets as needed to finance and grow our business for long-term shareholder value," said Robert A. Milligan, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary and Treasurer.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell nor the solicitation of an offer to buy the notes or any other securities and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale of any jurisdiction in which, or to any person to whom, such an offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful. Any offers of the notes were made only by means of a private offering memorandum.
Healthcare Trust of America (NYSE: HTA), is the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings (MOBs) in the U.S., with a focus in 20 to 25 key markets. We provide infrastructure for the integrated delivery of healthcare services in highly desirable locations. Our in-house property management and leasing platform has strategically placed regional offices, allowing us to efficiently manage our medical office buildings and serve approximately 2,000 tenants.
Over the last decade, we have invested $4.0 billion primarily in MOBs and other healthcare assets comprising 17.0 million square feet. Our targeted key markets have superior healthcare demographics–economically affluent populations, leading universities, health systems and national employers looking for well-educated workers. These dynamics support strong, long-term demand for MOBs. We have, and continue to achieve, critical mass by expanding our presence, within these key markets.
Founded in 2006, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in June 2012, HTA was the first company that did not issue equity in conjunction with its NYSE listing. This demonstrates our commitment to creating shareholder value and prudently allocating capital. Since our inception, we have delivered, on average, over 10% total return to our shareholders, significantly outperforming the S&P 500 and US REIT indices. More information about HTA can be found on the company's website at www.htareit.com
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investors; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2015 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Chief Financial Officer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthcare-trust-of-america-completes-offering----350-million-of-350-senior-unsecured-10-year-senior-notes-300298454.html
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.