SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA), the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings in the United States, announced today the hiring of Evan Saks as Regional Vice President of Leasing for the Texas Region. He will be responsible for overseeing the leasing strategy for HTA's Texas assets, which include over 2 million square feet in key markets of Houston, Austin, and Dallas.
"We are excited to welcome Evan to the HTA team," said Amanda Houghton, EVP of Asset Management. "At HTA, we continue to derive efficiencies within our key markets through strategic clustering of MOB assets while fostering relationships with our esteemed physician groups. Evan's experience and deep network of industry relationships allows him to play an integral role as we continue to expand our full-service in-house leasing platform, which has differentiated us as a leading owner and operator of medical office for the future of healthcare delivery."
Mr. Saks brings more than a decade of commercial real estate experience with a proven financial acumen. He is a highly motivated and disciplined professional with a proven track record of achievements within the commercial real estate sector. In addition to owning his own real estate brokerage firm, he most recently served as a manager, real estate operations for Texas Health Resources where he managed a real estate portfolio of over 280 locations, negotiated transactions for new site selections new leasing as well as renewals, relocations, terminations, etc. Mr. Saks also managed tenant build-outs and targeted new clinic acquisitions by providing fair market value analyses and other underwriting measures.
Mr. Saks earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from Southern Methodist University – COX School of Business. He is a licensed Texas real estate broker and is a member of the MetroTex Association of Realtors, as well as a member of the North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (NTCAR).
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings ("MOBs") in the United States, based on gross leasable area ("GLA"). We provide the real estate infrastructure for the integrated delivery of healthcare services in highly desirable locations. Over the last decade, we have invested $4.0 billion primarily in MOBs and other healthcare assets comprising 17.0 million square feet of GLA. Our investments are targeted in 20 to 25 key markets that we believe have superior healthcare demographics that support strong, long-term demand for medical office space. We have achieved, and continue to achieve, critical mass within these key markets by expanding our presence through accretive acquisitions, and utilizing our in-house operating expertise through our regionally located property management and leasing platform.
Founded in 2006 and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2012, HTA has produced attractive returns for its stockholders that we believe have significantly outperformed the S&P 500 and US REIT indices. More information about HTA can be found on the Company's website at www.htareit.com.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investors; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2015 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Chief Financial Officer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthcare-trust-of-america-inc-announces-new-texas-regional-vice-president-of-leasing-300309361.html
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.