SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA or the "Company") announced today the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 5,200,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $28.90 per share. HTA will receive approximately $150 million of gross proceeds before deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses. In connection with the offering, HTA has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 780,000 additional shares of its common stock.
HTA intends to use net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, including, without limitation, working capital, funding a portion of pending real estate acquisitions and repayment of debt. Closing is expected to occur on or about April 11, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions.
Wells Fargo Securities and J.P. Morgan are acting as the joint book-running managers for the offering.
To obtain a copy of the prospectus supplement and related base prospectus for this offering, please contact: Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, Attention: Equity Syndicate Department, 375 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10152 or by telephone at (800) 326-5897 or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org; or J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717 or by calling (866) 803-9204.
A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities, nor shall there be any sale of securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. The offering of these securities is being made solely by means of a prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that acquires, owns and operates medical office buildings. Over the last nine years since its formation in 2006 and as of December 31, 2015, the Company has invested $3.6 billion in medical office buildings and other healthcare assets comprising 15.5 million square feet across 28 states. HTA has a consistent track record of generating stockholder returns and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in June of 2012.
HTA targets investments in key markets with above average growth and healthcare infrastructure that is capable of servicing long-term patient demand. Within each key market, HTA focuses on acquiring medical office buildings on health system campuses, in community-core locations, or near university medical centers. The portfolio consists of medical office buildings that are primarily core-critical, a key part of the integrated delivery of healthcare, and that continue to complement the Company's institutional asset management and leasing platform. HTA's business strategy is defined by establishing critical mass within key markets which allows HTA's asset management and in-house leasing platform to drive earnings growth, capitalize on synergies and maximize expense efficiencies, and build lasting tenant relationships which leads to retention, rent growth and long-term value creation across the portfolio.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investors; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2015 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Chief Financial Officer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthcare-trust-of-america-inc-announces-pricing-of-public-offering-of-common-stock-300246736.html
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.