SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA), has hired Linda L. Tierney as Director of Operations. Ms. Tierney will oversee property management and operations activities of HTA's Southeast Region, which is comprised of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia markets totaling over 2.5 million square feet. This region constitutes over 17% of HTA's total portfolio of 14.5 million square feet, and includes a number of HTA's key markets such as Greenville, SC, Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC and Raleigh, NC.
Prior to joining HTA, Ms. Tierney was Director of Property Management for GPE Management Services where she was responsible for 15 employees including accounting staff, managers, and engineers. She supervised staff for third party management of a portfolio of approximately 4.5 million square feet including medical, office, retail, industrial and various REO assets, generating approximately $3.5M of gross revenue annually. Ms. Tierney holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
"HTA is excited to bring Linda aboard. Her depth of experience in the management of medical office properties and property management teams will enable us to further advance our vision of becoming the preferred owner/manager of medical office properties nationwide. Linda shares our passion and commitment to providing superior service and well-maintained buildings at competitive rates. HTA continues to set the bar high for what tenants can and should expect from their landlord," said Amanda Houghton, Executive Vice President of Asset Management for HTA.
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA), a publicly traded real estate investment trust, is a full-service real estate company focused on acquiring, owning and operating high-quality medical office buildings that are predominantly located on or aligned with campuses of nationally or regionally recognized healthcare systems in the U.S. Since its formation in 2006, HTA has invested approximately $3.2 billion to build a portfolio of properties that is comprised of approximately 14.5 million square feet of gross leasable area located in 27 states. It operates its properties through regional offices in Scottsdale, Albany, Atlanta, Boston, Charleston, Dallas, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh.
For more information on Healthcare Trust of America, Inc., please visit www.htareit.com.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2013 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.