NEW YORK, March 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthpointCapital, a private equity firm focused exclusively on the Musculoskeletal sector, announced that Mike Mogul, former CEO of DJO Global and Group President at Stryker Corporation will join the firm's leadership team.
Mike Mogul was most recently President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Blackstone-owned DJO Global. Under his leadership, DJO, a $1 billion firm in the Orthopedic sector, was market leader in both share and growth in non-operative orthopedic medical devices including Bracing and Physical Therapy equipment, and was also the fastest growing manufacturer of Total Joint implants and Consumer Sports Medicine products. Prior to joining DJO, Mike served as Group President, Orthopaedics for Stryker Corporation where he ran Stryker's global orthopedic businesses. Additionally, during his 22 years at Stryker, Mike served as Managing Director of all of Stryker's divisional segments in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Mike will join the experienced team at HealthpointCapital, led by John Foster, Chairman. Foster is a leader in healthcare private equity investing with over 37 years of experience, including nine previous PE funds. It was Foster's vision to focus HealthpointCapital's investment strategy on this transforming, high growth, high margin sector of healthcare: Orthopedics including the related fields of Dental, Maxillofacial, Rehabilitation, and the rapidly changing information systems supporting both providers and patients, combined in the concept of Musculoskeletal. This will be the fourth musculoskeletal focused fund following HealthpointCapital's outstanding track record from the three funds raised over the past 15 years.
"Mike will bring CEO-level medical device leadership experience to our portfolio companies and has extensive global relationships in the musculoskeletal sector where he has spent the last 28 years," said John Foster, Chairman of HealthpointCapital. "We are looking forward to pairing his talents with our very experienced investment team that is actively investing and mentoring companies in this sector."
The HealthpointCapital team also includes:
- Laing F. Rikkers, Managing Director. Ms. Rikkers principal role is identifying investment opportunities, determining strategies and developing portfolio organizations. She has been at HealthpointCapital for 13 years and serves as Chairman of ProSomnus Sleep Technologies and is a Director at BioHorizons.
- David L. Helfet MD, Managing Director and Professor of Orthopedics at Weill Cornell College, Chief of Orthopedic Trauma at Hospital for Special Surgery and New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Helfet has been a member HealthpointCapital's leadership team for 15 years and served on the board of Synthes, prior to its acquisition by Johnson & Johnson.
- Richard N. Foster, Managing Director. Dr. Foster is Chairman of the Board at Ancera Diagnostics, and Director at Advantia Health, LeanTaas Analytics, ZooDoc, DrFirst, SQream Computers and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Foster is also Director Emeritus at McKinsey & Company where he was one of the founders of their Healthcare practice. He has been a member of HealthpointCapital's leadership team for the last 8 years
- William Johnson, Managing Director and CFO. He was previously CEO & CFO of MicroDental, Inc, a former HealthpointCapital portfolio company. Mr. Johnson has over 20 years in senior management roles primarily with private equity controlled companies, and early career experience with Abbey Medical (now Apria Healthcare) and American Hospital Supply Corporation.
- Andrew Vahradian, Director. Mr. Vahradian has been an active member of the HealthpointCapital team for the last 5 years. Prior to joining HealthpointCapital, he served as an Investment Banking Analyst at UBS Investment Bank.
HealthpointCapital is the private equity firm focused exclusively on musculoskeletal and currently has $800 million under investment. It is raising a new fund that will continue to target innovative and exciting emerging businesses and established companies that can benefit from its sector focus, mentorship and investment. It will also seek out established but under-nourished segments and products that are currently owned by major MedTech firms and have the potential to flourish with the addition of HealthpointCapital's musculoskeletal leadership experience and investment. HealthpointCapital's team will be attending this week's American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons meeting in San Diego. Please contact us for more information at www.healthpointcapital.com.
For investor or media inquiries please contact:
Blake Mossy, HealthpointCapital, 212-935-7780 or email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthpointcapital-announces-appointment-of-mike-mogul-as-managing-director-and-the-raising-of-its-new-fund-focused-in-the-musculoskeletal-sector-300422861.html