AUSTIN, Texas, May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HealthTronics Inc., a leading provider of mobile medical technologies, announced that AUA2016, the American Urological Association annual meeting to be held May 6-10 in San Diego, California, will include 11 presentations from world-wide experts to help urologists increase their knowledge of appropriate use and follow up for prostate and kidney cryoablation.
Cryoablation is a technology that uses small ice crystals to kill cancer cells with extreme cold. Endocare, Inc., a subsidiary of HealthTronics, Inc., manufactures the leading cryotherapy treatment devices for urologic applications. For more information on cryoablation, visit www.stopcancercold.com.
"As cryotherapy plays an increasingly important role in urologic medicine, HealthTronics is committed to working with urology leaders to further groundbreaking research and the advancement of prostate and kidney cancer treatments," said Russell Newman, HealthTronics' president.
The AUA2016 cryotherapy presentations are:
- "Post-Salvage Therapy, Particularly with Nadir PSA<1, Delays the Time to Subsequent Androgen Deprivation Therapy." Abstract number: MP14-05
- "Predictors of Local Disease Control After Salvage Whole Gland Prostate Cryoablation." Abstract number: MP18-03
- "Whole Gland Salvage Cryoablation of Prostate: Long-Term Oncological Outcomes." Abstract number: MP18-04
- "Evaluation of Urinary Function After Cryoablation of the Prostate." Abstract number: MP18-12
- "Comparisons of Oncological and Functional Outcomes Among Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy, Cryoablation and High-intensity Focused Ultrasound for Localized Prostate Cancer: A Prospective, Controlled, Nonrandomized Trial." Abstract number: MP18-17
- "Comparison of Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Scan (CEUS) and MRI in the Follow-up of Cryoablation for Small Renal Tumors. Experience with 80 Cases." Abstract number: MP19-05
- "Percentage of Renal Parenchymal Preservation and Renal Tumor Morphology are Determinants of Renal Functional Outcome Following Percutaneous Cryoablation." Abstract number: S&T-02
- "Cryoablation versus Partial Nephrectomy for Clinical T1b Tumors: A Matched Group Analysis." Abstract number: MP64-04
- "Comparison of Radiation Dosages Between CT-Guided and Ultrasound-Facilitated CT-Guided Percutaneous Cryoablation of Small Renal Cortical Neoplasms." Abstract number: PD46-01
- "Evaluation of Skin-to-Tumor Distance as a Predictor of Tumor Recurrence Following Percutaneous Cryoablation of Renal Cortical Neoplasms." Abstract number: PD46-03
- "Salvage Percutaneous Cryoablation for Locally Recurrent Renal Cell Carcinoma After Primary Cryoablation." Abstract number: PD46-05
For more information visit www.aua2016.org/abstracts.
HealthTronics, Inc., established in 1989 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, provides integrated, mobilized medical technologies and services, as well as physician partnership opportunities. The company brings its advanced technology and support systems to health care providers throughout the United States. For more information visit healthtronics.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthtronics-announces-aua2016-presentations-300261773.html