LAKEVILLE, Minn., July 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Heat & Glo®, the long-established industry leader in fireplace design and innovative technology, is pairing with members of the architecture, engineering, and construction community to launch its Designers on Fire program. The campaign highlights signature projects from North America's premier architects, interior specialists, and design + build firms.
Housed on Heat & Glo's newly redesigned professional website, Designers on Fire puts a spotlight on how the brightest minds in the architecture, building, and design industry use fireplaces and stoves to create spaces of distinction. Featured projects for the inaugural launch of the campaign include:
- Peak 8 Penthouse – Donna McAlear of New Mood Design: A breathtaking vacation home nestled in the Rocky Mountains features a top floor great room with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the Heat & Glo LUX gas fireplace as a focal point.
- Anya Lane Contemporary Home – Chris Walker of Christopher Developments: A tranquil fusion of Asian-inspired architecture and contemporary West Coast design, this serene home incorporates an indoor/outdoor gas fireplace accented by custom sliding doors to create a seamless flow between the living room and outdoor gathering area.
- DuPont Circle – Samantha Friedman of Samantha Friedman Interior Designs LLC: A gas fireplace insert solved a key challenge in this sophisticated update of a century-old home, replacing the drafty, unattractive masonry fireplace with a bathroom sanctuary.
- Nantahala Mountain Cabin – Magdalena Bach of Bach Design Studio: A stunning vacation retreat featuring a variety of interconnected spaces that fit seamlessly into the surrounding environment, this cabin incorporates a multi-sided gas fireplace that unites the kitchen, dining/living room, and outdoor terrace with a cozy focal point.
- Sommersby Traditional – Michelle Hollenhorst of Regency Builders: The embodiment of contemporary classic, this home incorporates a fireplace to provide an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for the connected kitchen, dining, and living area.
- Custom Transitional – Jennifer Crome of State Street Interiors: To achieve a timeless aesthetic, this home leverages classic finishes with a modern, linear fireplace to seamlessly blend traditional and contemporary elements.
- Northfield Walk-Out Basement – Jeff Lindgren of JALIN Design: A central architectural sculpture helped tackle the challenge of making 1,415 square feet into an accessible, functional, and intimate space, separating the billiards table from the TV and bar area with the help of a multi-sided gas fireplace.
Envisioned as a source of inspiration for professionals and homeowners alike, Designers on Fire includes a detailed case study about each project, incorporating product specs and tips, a project look book, and a biography of the featured pro and their business.
"As the leader in fireplace design and technology, Heat & Glo products provide a sophisticated, stunning focal point in amazing new construction and remodel projects," said Bob Ballard, senior vice president of marketing for Heat & Glo. "With Designers on Fire, we're taking the opportunity to recognize these leaders and provide a forum to explore how gas fireplaces and stoves addressed specific challenges and enhanced the overall design of their projects."
Visit http://pro.heatnglo.com/Inspiration/Designers-on-Fire.aspx to view and download the case studies and learn more about each project and featured designer.
About Heat & Glo
Heat & Glo has been the fireplace industry leader in design and innovative technology since its inception by brothers Ron and Dan Shimek in 1975. The brand pioneered direct vent gas technology in 1987 and revolutionized the way fireplaces operate in the years that followed. Today, Heat & Glo continues to develop unmatched technologies, materials and designs in a full line of fireplaces, inserts and accessories. It is the most award-winning U.S. fireplace brand and has been granted more patents than any hearth manufacturer. Heat & Glo is headquartered in Lakeville, Minn. and is a brand of Hearth and Home Technologies. For more information, please visit www.HeatnGlo.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/heat--glo-heats-up-with-designers-on-fire-300305142.html
SOURCE Heat & Glo