The Verizon Retail Index tracks ecommerce traffic across Verizon's broadband networks to the top 25 U.S.-based online retailers as identified by eMarketer based on annual revenue. The Index monitors network traffic throughout the holiday shopping season, including during signature events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The next edition of the 2016 Verizon Retail Index will capture digital shopping activity from Black Friday and will be released on Saturday, November 26 by 1pm Eastern time. Findings from the Index will be released throughout the season with an emphasis on key dates, such as final shipping deadlines, which historically have motivated consumers to shop. The complete list of report publication dates includes:
- Monday, November 21 – Initial report capturing data from the preceding weekend;
- Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving report;
- Saturday, November 26 – Black Friday report;
- Monday, November 28 – Thanksgiving weekend report;
- Tuesday, November 29 – Cyber Monday report;
- Monday, December 5 – First week of December report;
- Monday, December 12 – Second week of December report;
- Monday, December 19 – Third week of December report;
- Tuesday, December 27 – Final week before Christmas report, including final shipping deadlines, Super Saturday and Christmas;
- Tuesday, January 3, 2017 – Post New Year's weekend report; and
- Thursday, January 5, 2017 – Wrap-up report.
Contact Maria Montenegro at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with Michele Dupré or for additional information.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of 162,000 and generated nearly $132 billion in 2015 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 113.7 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premier all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: News releases, feature stories, executive biographies and media contacts are available at Verizon's online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160527/373129LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/heavy-ecommerce-traffic-on-thanksgiving-day-according-to-the-verizon-retail-index-300368665.html