Heilind Stocking Molex DDR3 DIMM Memory Module Sockets
WILMINGTON, Mass., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Heilind Electronics, the largest distributor of interconnect products in North America, is now stocking DDR3 DIMM memory module sockets manufactured by Molex Incorporated. An established DDR DRAM interface technology, DDR3 sockets support data rates of 800 to 1600 Mbps with clock frequencies of 400 to 800 MHz, a doubling of speed compared to the DDR2. With a standard operating voltage of 1.5V, the DDR3 consumes 30 percent less power than the DDR2. These and others features make the Molex DDR3 DIMM memory module sockets an apt design choice for demanding memory applications in notebook computers, desktop PCs and servers – as well as for certain industrial automation, medical, and telecommunications equipment.
Offered in low-profile and very-low-profile SMT and press-fit aerodynamic options, the DDR3 socket maximizes air flow around memory modules during operation. Engineered with a 2.40mm seating plane, these sockets use very low-profile modules with maximum seating heights below 2.80mm, in ATCA blade systems. The smaller eye-of-needle compliant pins used in the Molex DDR3 press-fit sockets save valuable space on the PCB by increasing trace-routing density between holes. DDR3 DIMM memory module sockets are also available in an ultra-low-profile option and feature a 1.10mm seating plane with low-level contact resistance of 10 milliohms.
Additional information about Molex DDR3 DIMM Memory Module Sockets available from Heilind
- Accepts JEDEC defined module MO-269 and complies with JEDEC SO-007 socket specs for 100 percent industry compatibility. Different configurations of the product, such as VLP, will be available soon.
- SMT versions are halogen-free and lead-free.
- For the ultra-low-profile option, low-level contact resistance of 10milliohms (maximum initial) supports the use of registered DIMM (RDIMM) modules and reduces power consumption in blade servers.
- Reduced latch-actuation angle of ultra-low-profile DDR3 DIMM memory module sockets creates more room for adjacent components while improving airflow space around memory module socket.
- Data/Communications: Desktop computer, Servers, Workstations
- Industrial Automation: Programmable Logic Controllers
- Medical: Imaging equipment
- Networking: Router/Switch, Servers, Storage systems
- Telecommunications: Base stations
Visit Heilind's website for more information about Molex DDR3 DIMM Memory Module Sockets
About Heilind Electronics
Founded in 1974, Heilind Electronics, Inc. (www.heilind.com / www.heilindasia.com) is one of the world's leading distributors of connectors, relays, switches, thermal management & circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire & cable, wiring accessories and insulation & identification products. Heilind has locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Follow Heilind on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Heilind and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Heilind.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is /www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors, watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
SOURCE Heilind Electronics