WILMINGTON, Mass., Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Heilind Electronics, the largest distributor of interconnect products in North America, is now stocking TE Connectivity's inverted thru board (ITB) card edge connector, which provides a direct power connection between driver boards and the underside of LED array boards. This surface mounted connector was developed for LED lighting applications and other devices to provide a cableless, space-saving power connection between a driver board and LED array PCB. When this connector is top-mounted on an array PCB, the perpendicular mating direction into the underside of the array PCB makes the ITB card edge connector ideal for space-limited applications.
Key features of the ITB card edge connector include:
- Surface mounted at the same time as other devices on the PCB, eliminating secondary processes
- A one-piece mating solution for faster and easier assembly operation
- A low-profile, space-saving design. The 1.5mm height above the PCB minimizes LED light obstruction
- Offered in two versions to accept either 1.0mm or 1.2mm thick mating PCBs
- Surface mount hold downs provide stability during driver board mating and unmating
- Designed with round corners to minimize shadowing
- Flat-top surface allows for vacuum pick up
- Tape and reel packaging for high-speed SMT processing
Visit Heilind's website for more information about the ITB Card Edge Connector.
About Heilind Electronics
Founded in 1974, Heilind Electronics, Inc. (www.heilind.com / www.heilindasia.com) is one of the world's leading distributors of connectors, relays, switches, thermal management and circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire and cable, wiring accessories, and insulation and identification products. Heilind has locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Follow Heilind on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Heilind and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Heilind.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world's leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity's long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com. TE Connectivity and TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks. Other logos, product and/or company names might be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Heilind Electronics