Hello LA, We're Airbnb!
Airbnb Hosts "Hello LA", Hospitality Pop-Ups Highlighting the Most Interesting People, Places and Experiences in Los Angeles
James Franco, Lake Bell, Anjelica Huston, Moby & Molly Sims Exclusively Design Livable Spaces Reflective of Their Personal Style
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Airbnb, the world's leading marketplace to list, discover and book unique, local accommodations today announced Hello LA: a five day hospitality experience celebrating the most interesting people, places and experiences in Los Angeles. Hello LA brings this idea to life with immersive events designed to engage LA's local communities with celebrity-designed, bookable pop-up listings and contests. By submitting love letters to LA through Facebook, LA residents can also enter to win overnight stays at the pop-ups and gain VIP access to special events, some of which will be attended by the celebrity hosts.
From September 27 to October 1, 2013, celebrities including James Franco, Anjelica Huston, Moby, Molly Sims & Lake Bell and mother, designer Robin Bell, will host and design Airbnb pop-up listings in iconic local destinations – Hollywood Forever Cemetery, The Cook's Garden by HGEL in Venice, The Arts District, The Viper Room, and The Grove. Celebrity hosts will also make an appearance at their pop-up during a special event, some of which are free and open to the public.
The design palette for each listing is a true reflection of the celebrity's individual style and "vision" of Los Angeles, complete with their favorite decor, including art, color and texture. Additionally, each pop-up will feature the celebrity's music playlist along with a guide to the celebrity's local hangouts from their favorite restaurants to their late night haunts. Created by McSweeney's for Hello LA, these five exclusive limited-edition neighborhood guides are available at all public events.
"We wanted our introduction to LA to be a love letter to a larger-than-life city, made of eclectic, creative people across a diverse cultural and geographical landscape," says Amy Curtis-McIntyre, VP of Marketing for Airbnb. "By sourcing local creatives on every level – from the dynamic celebrity partners to local designers, artists and tastemakers – Hello LA creates an inside track for Angelenos to discover the most interesting experiences within their community."
To create a personalized style for each listing, Airbnb worked with HGTV host and designer, Emily Henderson, who collaborated with a team of local designers: Justina Blakeney (The Arts District), Orlando Soria (The Cook's Garden by HGEL), Matthew Lanphier (Hollywood Forever Cemetery), Emily Henderson (The Viper Room) and Kelly Harris & Paige Appel (The Grove). Using artwork contributed by the Broad Foundation collection and Sonos' wireless music systems, the pop-up gives guests a sense of being in the celebrity's home environment. The Cook's Garden by HGEL, Airbnb enlisted local sustainable architect David Hertz to bring green elements, such as off-grid batteries from Ojai Energy Systems and Lumos translucent photovoltaic panels by Permacity Solar into the listing construction.
More on the Airbnb Pop-Ups:
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery – Curated by James Franco, the Hollywood Cemetery pop-up takes guests on a nostalgic journey through Hollywood history. Visitors can reflect on the evolution of art and performance while surrounded by the spirits of Hollywood legends. On Monday, September 30 from 8pm to 1am, guests are invited to an immersive night of art and music, courtesy of Doug Aitken's Station to Station project, featuring music from LA-based recording artist Ariel Pink.
- The Cook's Garden by HGEL – At Cook's Garden by HGEL, Anjelica Huston creates an inspired space featuring sustainable techniques and natural designs. On Sunday, September 29 from 10 am to 6 pm, guests are invited to the Airbnb backyard to celebrate the connection between community, green building and locally sourced food during the Abbot Kinney Festival.
- The Arts District – Curated by Lake Bell and mother, designer Robin Bell, this pop-up is a playful extension of LA's creative spirit in the arts community with events spotlighting local artists and makers. On Sunday, September 29 from 5 pm to 6 pm, guests are invited to join hosts Lake and Robin, for a guided tour of the Arts District pod.
- The Viper Room – Guests will experience an ambient house pop-up, created by singer-songwriter, DJ and photographer Moby. On Saturday, September 28 at 7 pm, Moby will share unreleased tracks from his new record "INNOCENTS", (which will be released on Monday, September 30) with guests at the Silent Frisco dance party.
- The Grove –Molly Sims will host an all-American, Old Hollywood party on The Park which will reflect all of Hollywood's glamour, including pop-up performances, lawn games, and special giveaways. On Monday, September 30 from 12 pm to 1 pm, Molly will celebrate the launch of her pop-up with a champagne toast.
For more information on events throughout the week or to RSVP for events, visit www.airbnbhellola.com
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world – online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 192 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. www.airbnb.com
About McSweeney's: McSweeney's is a publishing company based in San Francisco. Their work has won multiple literary awards, including two National Magazine Awards for fiction, the AIGA 50 Books Award, and the Print Design Regional Award. www.mcsweeneys.net
About Sonos: Sonos creates smart speakers and home audio products that let you wirelessly stream all your favorite music in high fidelity sound. http://www.sonos.com/
About the Broad Foundation: The Broad Foundation is a new contemporary art museum built by philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. The museum, which is being designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, will open to the public in late 2014 and will be home to the more than 2,000 works of art. www.thebroad.org
About Station to Station: Station to Station is a Nomadic Happening that connects artists, musicians and creative pioneers with diverse communities, pushing art and culture outside of institutional constraints. Station to Station is a project by artist Doug Aitken. www.stationtostation.com
More by this Source
Roc Nation Sports & Airbnb Collaborate To Throw Events Before The Big Game At The 40/40 Club
Jan 23, 2014, 09:00 ET
Be Our Guest: Airbnb Rings in 2014 by Covering One Night of Travel
Jan 13, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.