Help end poverty, one wine bottle at a time Portion of proceeds from ONEHOPE and Santa Rita Organic wines to benefit Whole Planet Foundation®
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- By purchasing any of five ONEHOPE or Santa Rita Organic wines this fall, shoppers can help create new beginnings for people in the U.S. and developing countries. A portion of the proceeds from the wines will be donated to Whole Planet Foundation to fund poverty alleviation around the globe.
For every bottle of ONEHOPE Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon sold in September and October, 50 cents ($6 per case) will be donated to Whole Planet Foundation. For every bottle of Santa Rita Organic Sauvignon Blanc, Carmenere or Cabernet Sauvignon sold, 25 cents ($3 per case) will be donated to the foundation.
"We are honored to partner with Whole Planet Foundation to raise funds to alleviate poverty and fund almost 200 new loans to micro-entrepreneurs all over the world," said Jake Kloberdanz, CEO of ONEHOPE.
Featured wines available at Whole Foods Market® include:
- ONEHOPE Chardonnay, California—vibrant flavors of crisp pear and apple please the palate.
- ONEHOPE Cabernet Sauvignon, California— shades of ruby red compliment the aromas of lush black cherries, cassis and hints of tobacco.
- Santa Rita Organic Sauvignon Blanc, Chile—zesty flavors of grapefruit and lemon peel mingle with tropical fruit and herbaceous notes.
- Santa Rita Organic Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile—intense flavors of ripe black fruit with notes of black pepper and exotic spices lead to a lingering finish.
- Santa Rita Organic Carmenere, Chile—a versatile wine with a bouquet of ripe black fruits topped with chocolate and vanilla notes.
Founded in 2005, Whole Planet Foundation's mission is to empower women entrepreneurs with microcredit and the chance to create or expand a home-based business and lift themselves and their families out of poverty. Through grants to microfinance institutions in 57 countries (the U.S., and in 56 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America), the foundation currently supports more than 282,000 clients, with a repayment rate of 96 percent.
For more information, visit wholeplanetfoundation.org/
Lauren Evans, Whole Planet Foundation
SOURCE Whole Planet Foundation