NEW YORK, Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- NYC's own SPEAR Physical Therapy, started by two New Yorkers in a single room 18 years ago, has become one of the City's shining stars in healthcare, bringing dozens of great jobs and national attention to the city, and getting over 150,000 New Yorkers back to life.
After two decades of commitment to getting New Yorker's Back to Life, SPEAR's momentum culminated in October by being named the Best Physical Therapy Practice in the country by the American Physical Therapy Association's Private Practice Section. Additional recent recognition from some of the top organizations in the country include:
- SPEAR's Director of Clinical Education, Jeremy B. Crow, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS, became an Olympic Physical Therapist in Rio for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Being named to the Inc. 5,000 list three times in four years.
- Being one of only seven small businesses featured in a national ad campaign for CHASE bank.
- Being featured in the New York Post as a shining example of democratic leadership, and being named by Maxim magazine as an "X-Factor in Fitness" for its "super-friendly staff."
- Winning the Future 50 Award from Smart CEO magazine – four years in a row
- Having its team of Clinical Directors selected as a finalist in the NYER Small Business Awards.
- Officially "ringing the bell" at the New York Stock Exchange (as one of just a few small businesses to be recognized globally during National Small Business Week).
SPEAR management's top priority is to help team members and patients with their personal self-actualization and growth. This is the number one reason SPEAR believes it has received so much recognition for its company growth. In fact, SPEAR is opening its eleventh NYC location in the Spring, when its first outer borough facility will open in Brooklyn Heights, and now has a state-of-the-art facility in virtually every major neighborhood in Manhattan, including Murray Hill, the Financial District, Chelsea, the Upper East Side, Central Park South and multiple locations in Midtown.
In just the last two years, SPEAR has more than tripled its team, from 50 to 145 team members, and more than doubled the number of specialty services it offers – including hand therapy, women's health programs and classes, golf and running analysis, sports injury prevention, one of the only on-call concierge Physical Therapy options in the city, and much more.
"With local founders and staff coming from all over the world, we are proud to be part of the amazing NYC community and help it become a beacon of healthcare for the country," says President and Co-Founder, Dan Rootenberg.
About SPEAR Physical Therapy
SPEAR Physical Therapy is headquartered at 120 E. 56th Street in Midtown Manhattan. Founded in a single room in Manhattan in 1999, the company has grown to eleven locations that treat over 15,000 patients a year. In 2016, SPEAR was named the Nation's Top Physical Therapy Practice by the American Physical Therapy Association.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/helping-150000-new-yorkers-with-value-based-care-catapults-this-physical-therapy-group-to-national-prominence-300411227.html
SOURCE SPEAR Physical Therapy