Heroku Accelerates Partner Program Momentum with Introduction of Partner Directory
Partner Program grows to include more than 100 active firms; New directory assists Heroku users in finding the best development partners for their apps
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Heroku, a leading cloud platform as a service (PaaS) and a salesforce.com company, today announced the availability of its Partner Program and Directory. Created to meet increased industry demand for PaaS expertise to build and deploy enterprise-ready applications, the offering enables customers to connect with more than 100 registered Heroku partners that specialize in developing and running applications for the enterprise.
As a complement to salesforce.com's Appexchange, the Heroku Partner Directory empowers partners to connect and provide expertise to showcase their applications to end users. Customers can look to an ecosystem of trusted partners to obtain support for their production apps, as well as get 24x7 support from service providers with a backline to Heroku engineers. Partners are vetted through a strict process ensuring that Heroku customers are connected with the best developers in the world. By bringing partners and customers together through the program, Heroku meets the needs of both service providers and developers, allowing them each to find the partners, tools and skills the other needs to create killer enterprise applications.
- "DocuSign is all about enabling our partners with lightning fast time to market," said Mike Borozdin, Director of Integration Development at DocuSign. "When we worked with Appirio's CloudSpokes community on their Node.js eSignature integration, Heroku was the ideal choice. The expertise of a trusted partner and Heroku's platform allow DocuSign to focus 100% of our time on innovating with confidence."
- "Heroku allowed ProQuest to develop the WorldRiderz website to a tight deadline, coupled with rapidly evolving and expanding functional goals by smoothly and seamlessly taking care of the standard, hosting, scalability, persistence issues with ease, thus allowing ProQuest's development team to focus purely on delivering WorldRiderz business functionality," said Fergus Kelledy, solution architect, ProQuest Consulting. "Since deployment and go-live, WorldRiderz has experienced 100 percent uptime and zero data loss as a result of choosing Heroku as our PaaS. We have been extremely pleased with our choice of Heroku and will continue to use Heroku and also recommend Heroku to our future clients."
- "With only four months to deliver a solution, Heroku enabled the Trineo team to focus on the form and function of the SpotU application instead of wrangling base-level infrastructure concerns," said Abhinav Keswani, Heroku partner and director and principal of Bespoke Solutions. "Today, the SpotU application runs on the Heroku platform and serves 8.5 million requests per week to the passengers of the two major Australian airlines, driving ancillary revenue for SpotU's airline customers."
- "Working on Heroku made it possible for Betapond to reduce our development time and swiftly implement changes on Waterworks, a groundbreaking Facebook application for charitable giving, helping bring clean drinking water to 20 million of the world's neediest people. Heroku lets us focus on building amazing Facebook apps for global brands because we know we can rely on them for deployments, uptime, database backups and for superb service when things get a bit sticky. We are delighted to be a Heroku Gold partner," said Declan Kennedy, CEO, Betapond.
- "Before we used Heroku, we had to manually enter contacts and order information, but now everything is entered by our customers through our portal and automatically synced to our CRM system. With help from Software Allies—one of the Heroku's trusted partners—our account executives have 50 percent more time during the day to devote to their clients and to nurture leads instead of spending time on data entry," said Hansen Rada, president, Tax Guard, Inc.
- "GroupLooper.com was created to help make it easier for golfers to manage, organize and schedule their tee times, as well as find new courses to play on and invite friends to join them. We needed an app development platform that would make this process easy both for us and for our users and Heroku fit the bill. Working with one of Heroku's development partners, Bust Out Solutions, we were able to use Heroku's scalable, reliable and cost-effective services to enable a smooth launch of our app," said Mike Dickoff, founder and CEO, Apparation LLC, home of GroupLooper.com.
Over 2 Million Apps Served
With over 2 million apps hosted on its PaaS cloud platform, Heroku's partners and customers are running more applications in production than any other PaaS provider. With the introduction of the Partner Directory, Heroku developers can continue to accelerate application delivery with the help of partners that have met Heroku's stringent requirements for the Partner Directory program.
"It's an incredible time to move to the cloud. We're seeing bigger apps and new languages taking off as partners take full advantage of Heroku's polyglot platform. We're also seeing more requests for 24x7 support and critical applications through our partners and our direct channel," said Nicolas Pujol, vice president of Business Development, Heroku. "We want customers to innovate with confidence; it is Heroku's mission to enable that innovation at all levels."
Become a Heroku Partner
Heroku's Partner Program allows developers and customers to work together to build and innovate with confidence. To apply to become a Heroku partner, apply online at: https://partners.heroku.com/.
Partnerships Showcased at Dreamforce
Heroku partners Accenture, Appirio, ELC, and Pivotal Labs will also be presenting their cloud strategies as a part of panel discussion at the Dreamforce conference in San Francisco. In addition, Heroku partner Trineo will discuss ad server development on Heroku at the conference. Details on each panel follow below:
What: Innovate with Heroku: Interactive Panel Discussion
What would you build if you no longer had to worry about setting up infrastructure, managing application middleware, patching, debugging and micromanaging compute resources to scale to any demand? Imagine developing applications with the latest programming languages and frameworks, where all your time is spent innovating, not on maintaining existing apps. What would you build if all constraints were removed? And which language to choose? A panel discussion with leading digital agencies and application development shops on Innovation, enabled by Heroku.
Where: Moscone Center, San Francisco
When: Wednesday, September 19 at 4:30 p.m. PST
What: "Developing a Real-time Ad Server on Heroku"
The SpotU service serves contextually-targeted advertisements for airline passengers, enabling airlines to increase their revenues based on the ability to sell ancillary products such as hotels, rental cars, and tours. Join us and discover how SpotU was implemented on Heroku, leveraging add-ons such as Redis, Resque, and New Relic to analyze the passenger's itinerary, select relevant ads from available campaigns, and respond to the airline system, all in a fraction of a second.
Where: Moscone Center West, 2007
When: Thursday, September 20, 2:30- 3:30 p.m., PST
Heroku, a salesforce.com company, has enabled hundreds of thousands of developers to build and run more than two million applications - all entirely in the cloud, without the need to purchase or maintain any servers or software. With support for the most popular languages, an enterprise class database service and an add-on ecosystem featuring the most innovative development tools, Heroku provides start-ups, IT organizations and agencies with a faster and more effective way to create and deploy apps. For more information, please visit http://heroku.com/.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.