LONDON, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's leading general use car rental brand, is celebrating 15 years of partnership with KrisFlyer, the frequent flyer program of Singapore Airlines, the world's most awarded airline. In honor of this occasion, KrisFlyer members from around the world will be entitled to a 15 per cent discount and 1,500 KrisFlyer miles when renting a car with Hertz. Valid from April 1 to July 31, 2014, the offer is applicable at participating locations in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
In addition, KrisFlyer members residing in Singapore will get a chance to enter a draw to win 1 of 10 prizes, each comprising 15,000 KrisFlyer miles by making a qualifying rental. The draw will be conducted on September 15, 2014. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash. For full terms and conditions, and to make a booking, customers can visit www.hertz.com/krisflyer.
Michel Taride, President, Hertz International, said: "It is a big pleasure for us to celebrate the 15th anniversary of our partnership with KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines' frequent flyer program. Hertz's innovative rental car services offered at approximately 10,090 locations around the world together with KrisFlyer's benefits and rewards make this partnership a strong benefit for customers. We look forward to continue providing KrisFlyer's members with many attractive car rental offerings and special promotions to complement their flights with Singapore Airlines."
The special 15th anniversary promotion is valid for self-drive rentals on Affordable Rates and applies to all standard car groups. The discount does not apply to taxes, fees and optional services and is subject to a minimum rental of 1 day in USA, Canada and Europe, and a minimum rental of 4 days in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to departure for rentals in Asia and 24 hours prior to departure for all other locations.
This ongoing alliance together with Hertz's innovative services – such as its Gold Plus Rewards and award-winning NeverLost® GPS device – is particularly valuable in light of Singapore's robust outbound leisure travel market. Singaporean residents are expected to make about 8.7 million trips in 2014, with this number forecasted to rise to 11.8 million by 2020 – an average growth of 5.3 per cent per year. In addition, the Asia/Pacific region is also seeing healthy growth in outbound travel, with its markets expected to grow collectively by an annual rate of 7.9 per cent from 2014 to 2020 .
 The Future of Outbound Travel in Asia/Pacific
Notes to editors:
Terms and conditions
For the 15% off and 1,500 KrisFlyer miles offer – Applicable to all KrisFlyer members
- Offers are valid on self-drive rentals on Affordable Rates (leisure retail rates) at participating corporate locations from 1 April to 31 July 2014
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure (48 hours for rentals in Asia).
- KrisFlyer membership number, CDP number 2035631 and PC number 197901 (for rentals in USA, Canada & Europe), 197820 (for rentals in Australia & New Zealand) or 197831 (for rentals in Asia) must be quoted during reservation
- Subject to a minimum rental of 1 day for rentals in USA, Canada and Europe, and a minimum rental of 4 days for rentals in Australia, New Zealand and Asia
- The 1,500 KrisFlyer miles is calculated as 500 KrisFlyer base miles and 1,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles (for rentals in Asia, it is calculated as 250 KrisFlyer base miles and 1,250 bonus KrisFlyer miles).
- Present your KrisFlyer membership card at the rental counter
- The offer applies to all standard car groups (excludes HERTZ Collections)
- Discount applies to time and mileage charges only, and does not apply to taxes, fees and optional services
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion
- Offer is not valid on tour/ prepaid, travel industry or any other rate
For the 15,000 KrisFlyer miles lucky draw – Applicable to KrisFlyer residents of Singapore
- Applicable to PPS Club/ KrisFlyer members residing in Singapore only
- KrisFlyer membership number, CDP number 2035631 and/ or PC number 197901 (for rentals in USA, Canada & Europe), 197820 (for rentals in Australia & New Zealand) or 197831 (for rentals in Asia) must be quoted during reservation.
- For every qualifying rental of minimum 1 day and vehicle pickup at participating locations from 1 April to 31 July 2014, a lucky draw chance will be automatically awarded
- There are a total of 10 prizes to be won
- The first 10 eligible entries randomly selected from all valid entries will receive 15,000 KrisFlyer miles each
- The draw will be conducted by HERTZ Asia Pacific Pte Ltd on 15 September 2014
- Winners' KrisFlyer accounts will automatically be credited with 15,000 KrisFlyer miles each
- Winners will be notified by post or email
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 10,090 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries. Our Dollar and Thrifty brands have approximately 1,400 corporate and franchise locations in approximately 75 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 130 major airports in Europe.
Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Dream, Family, Fun, Green and Prestige Collections also set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly car rental business and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services. More information about the Company can be found at www.abouthertz.com.
About Singapore Airlines
When Singapore Airlines was formed in 1972, it operated a modest fleet of 10 aircraft to just 22 cities in 18 countries. With a commitment to fleet modernization, product and service innovation and market leadership, the Airline quickly distinguished itself as a world-class carrier. Today, Singapore Airlines operates a modern passenger fleet of 103 aircraft and its network, including Singapore Airlines Cargo and SilkAir destinations, covers a total of 105 destinations in 39 countries. In October 2007, Singapore Airlines, a member of the Star Alliance, made aviation history again as the first to fly the world's largest passenger aircraft, the Airbus A380.
Hertz Asia Pacific Press Contact:
LO Li Wen
(65) 6370 3363
SOURCE Hertz Corporation