Hertz Celebrates Three Years Of Industry-Leading Gold Plus Rewards Program Awarding-Winning Loyalty Program Offers Free Enrollment, Easier Status Upgrades, Faster Rentals and More Rewards
NAPLES, Fla., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz (NYSE: HTZ) is celebrating the three year anniversary of its award-winning Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® customer loyalty program and unveiling enhanced member benefits. Over the past year alone, the industry-leading loyalty program earned top honors for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com, and the 2013 COLLOQUY Loyalty Award, which recognizes groundbreaking innovations in loyalty marketing designed to enhance the consumer experience.
As part of the anniversary, Hertz hosted a summer-long promotion offering existing and new members the opportunity to earn double bonus points on weekly rentals. In total, Hertz awarded more than one million bonus points to its members throughout the summer. And as of now, Hertz is already running another promotion, Double Points on Ancillaries. Qualifying rentals with an ancillary product earn double points for charges of NeverLost, SiriusXM, PrePay for Fuel, and insurance coverage through September 30, 2014.
"Our breakthrough customer loyalty program is a first for the industry. Compared with any other car rental company, it offers easier ways to earn and redeem points, and maximum flexibility for point use," said Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mark P. Frissora. "The multiple awards received for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is a testament to our commitment to create the most innovative and rewarding offers, technologies and services for our program members."
The global enhancements to Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty program allow members to fast forward their membership experience anywhere they rent a car, worldwide. As the core upgrade, among many others, it is now easier for Gold members to move up in status and enjoy additional benefits. The company did so by lowering the rental thresholds required to achieve and retain status in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle®. With the upgraded program, seven rentals now qualify members for Five Star® (previously 10), and 20 rentals qualify members to join the President's Club® (previously 40).
Following are additional upgrades made to the program:
- Quicker Enrollment: Customers can now enroll in Gold Plus Rewards right at the rental counter.
- Hertz Gold Choice®: Provides renters with the peace of mind knowing their car will be ready and waiting for them, and the freedom to choose something different on the spot.
- Mobile Gold Alerts: Gold members can receive messages sent to their phone with up-to-the-minute information that let them know which car they'll be driving and where their vehicle is parked.
- Faster Rentals: Allows Gold members to skip the counter at over 50 airports around the world. And at over 4,000 locations worldwide, renters can simply show their driver's license and pick up their keys.
- More Ways to Earn Points: In addition to earning points on rental charges, Gold members earn with services like Hertz NeverLost®, Fuel Purchase, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, insurance coverage options, and more.
- Current promotion: Now through September 30, 2014, existing and new Gold Plus Rewards members can earn double points for the ancillary charges of NeverLost, SiriusXM, PrePay the Fuel, and insurance coverage.
- Enhanced Rewards: Improved technology makes it easier for our members to view their real-time point balance, check their e-statements with up to 24 months of activity, and even redeem rewards during reservations.
- New Reward Destinations: Hertz added new destinations to our expanding global network, where our members can redeem points for free days, including Ireland and Brazil.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® is one of the few free loyalty programs in the industry. To become a member, customers can enroll online at www.Hertz.com or at a Hertz rental counter. Once enrolled, members can earn one point per dollar spent on all qualifying rentals. The program features AnyDay Rewards with no black-out dates, allowing members to use points at any time. Members also have the flexibility to use their points when it is convenient for them as Gold Plus Rewards points do not automatically expire. Each time a member rents a car that earns points or redeems points, their points renew for an additional two years, which means they do not have to worry about points expiring.
To learn more about the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® customer loyalty program, visit www.Hertz.com.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and licensee locations in about 145 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 10,090 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,400 corporate and franchise locations in approximately 75 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 130 major airports in Europe.
Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Dream, Family, Fun, Green and Prestige Collections also set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly car rental business and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services. More information about the company can be found at: www.abouthertz.com.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation