PARK RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, has been awarded the 2013 COLLOQUY Loyalty Award for the 4th Annual COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards, honoring groundbreaking innovations in loyalty marketing that are designed to enhance the consumer experience.
"This award in particular is a huge honor because we take great pride in our Gold Plus Rewards free loyalty program to give our customers the most valued car rental experience possible," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Hertz. "This award is a true testament to Hertz's passion and commitment to harnessing the most innovative technologies to create the fast and easy rental experience and services in the car rental industry worldwide."
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is a free loyalty rewards program that allows valued Hertz customers to earn points per qualifying dollar spent at Hertz and Hertz 24/7, which can be used for free rentals, upgrades and more.
COLLOQUY, LoyaltyOne's global research group, launched its Loyalty Awards in 2010 to salute the most innovative, customer-committed Enterprise Loyalty initiatives in the industry. The Global challenge produced winners from the United Stated, Canada, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
"The COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards confer the highest honor on companies that are unwavering in their efforts to put the customer at the center of all efforts," said COLLOQUY Editor-at-Large Dennis Armbruster. "The innovations on display in these winning programs, operated by these industry leaders, provide ample proof that the future of loyalty marketing is in good hands."
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. "Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
- Carfirmation: A mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirms a Gold customer's reservation, advises of their car, and its location at the Hertz facility.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 Mobile App: Customers have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Hertz was presented with an engraved crystal award at an awards ceremony September 24 during the 11th Annual COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit in Dallas, TX. A printed summary of all the 2013 award winners is available for download at awards.colloquy.com.
About Hertz Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation