PARK RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, was awarded the 2013 Women's Choice Award for America's Best in Car Rental Services. American women voted and Hertz was selected to receive the award as the most recommended among women in the following four categories: 1) business travel, 2) loyalty programs, 3) best "green" options, and 4) overall customer service. The Women's Choice Award is the only seal that recognizes brands based on a woman's propensity to recommend that brand to others.
"It is an honor to be named one of the most recommended brands in America by women, whom are extremely influential in today's consumer market," commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "WomenCertified Inc. is the leading women's research company in America, and having their Women's Choice Award seal on the Hertz brand name is a testament to our continued focus on providing our customers the best travel experience with superior customer service."
The WomenCertified Consumer Audit begins with sending a survey to up to 100,000 female consumers and further validates the scoring through a joint survey partnership with travAlliancemedia, which then distributes the survey to its database of approximately 60,000 travel agents. When a company bears the Women's Choice Award seal, it serves as a beacon in identifying brands women recognize, trust and recommend. In a national survey, nine out of 10 women say they will "definitely" trust a brand or business if it carries the Women's Choice Award seal.
WomenCertified, Inc. is the home of the Women's Choice Award and set the foundation for the research process to determine brands and businesses that qualify for the Women's Choice Award, which is the source for recommended products and brands.
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. "Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
- Carfirmation: Hertz's mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- confirms a Gold customer's reservation and advises of the car's location.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 Mobile App: Members have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
About The Hertz Corporation Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty, and Firefly brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates the Hertz On Demand car sharing business. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
To make car rental reservations or for more information, customers can call their travel agent, or call Hertz toll-free at 1-800-654-3001. Information and reservations are also available on the web at www.hertz.com.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation