Hess Corporation Launches Free "Hess Tractor Trek" App Bonus Features Activate Through the 2013 Hess Toy Truck Horn
NEW YORK, Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hess Corporation is introducing a new free gaming app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. The Hess Tractor Trek celebrates the 2013 Hess Toy Truck and Tractor, giving fans a new way to experience the magic of this year's collectible. Icy mountain roads, treacherous desert terrain and volcanic island trails are all in a day's work for the Hess Tractor. Players take control of the vehicle and plow their way through the different terrains, clearing the roads for future travelers and fueling up at Hess Express stations along the way.
Throughout the game, players will attempt to cover distances while pulling off stunts to earn valuable in-game Hess Cash, which can be used to upgrade their vehicle, purchase new tractor bodies and earn short-term perks that will improve performance and earning potential. The 2.5-dimension side-scrolling game design challenges players' reflexes and minds as they race over bumpy terrain, jump and flip over while ensuring their tractor lands safely back on the ground.
"We're presenting consumers with the total package with this game, offering for the first time a real-world connection between the Hess Toy Truck and the game app, which is sure to please existing and new Toy Truck fans," said Justin Mayer, Director, Brand Marketing and Innovation, Marketing and Refining.
Hess Tractor Trek key features include:
- Three unique environments at launch, with more to come in future releases: Players will explore the Snowy Mountains, Red Desert and Volcanic Island at launch, each with unique environmental features.
- Five unique tractors: Throughout the game, players will be able to earn Hess Cash and purchase new tractors with unique attributes: HARDHAT, the 2013 model; SPEEDY, a souped up racer; BOUNCER, a dune buggy-style tractor; STRETCH, an ultra-long tractor that can grab hard-to-reach coins; JUGGERNAUT, a massive tank-like model.
- 200 vehicle upgrades: Boost your tractors' speed, acceleration, in-air handling (perfect for flips) and more as you progress and earn Hess Cash (for use within the game app, only).
- 2013 Hess Toy Truck and Tractor activation: Honk your physical toy truck's horn and the app will unlock 100,000 in bonus Hess Cash, which can be used within the game to purchase upgrades or unlock new tractors or environments.
- In-app purchases: All upgrades can be earned through consistent game play, but Hess Cash also will be made available for purchase through Google Play and iTunes.
- Facebook friends' challenge: Syncing with Facebook will let players challenge their friends' best distances and track progress with viewable in-game signposts. It's a novel twist on the traditional leader board system.
For more information and to download Hess Tractor Trek and previous game apps, please visit: http://hesstoytruck.com/hess-apps/.
The Hess Toy Truck has been a holiday tradition since 1964, and is one of the longest running toy brands on the market. The 2013 Hess Toy Truck is a trailer with a loading ramp that is custom designed to haul a versatile, self-propelled tractor. This year's Tractor Trek is the fourth free game app released by Hess. The Hess Jet, Hess Racer and Hess Chopper are also available for download on Android and iOS devices.
For a complete list of Hess Toy Trucks through the years and to find your nearest Hess locations or order online, please visit: www.hesstoytruck.com. Fans also can create their own digital display case of their collection at http://collection.hesstoytruck.com.
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. More information on Hess Corporation is available at http://www.hess.com.
SOURCE Hess Corporation