BETHESDA, Md., Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Are you suffering from heart failure or taking care of someone who has this disease?
Join the Heart Failure Society of America in collaboration with The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses on Saturday, September 26, 2015, from 9:30 AM to 3:00PM, for the complimentary Heart Failure Patient Health Fair Day, an educational opportunity to connect patients and caregivers to heart failure experts and invaluable resources.
The Heart Failure Patient Day Registration is complimentary and is based on a first come first serve basis. Early registration is recommended.
For more information, visit hfsa.org and search patient day!
Heart failure is the only major cardiovascular disorder on the rise, and affects 5-6 million people in the United States? Did you know Heart Failure can impact anyone at any age, but is prominent in women and minorities? There is a 50% mortality rate 5 years from diagnosis.
Heart failure is not commonly understood and often not recognized by patients and clinicians due to the multiple symptoms and complexity of the disease. HFSA and AAHFN are working to educate the public and to raise awareness of the condition.
The purpose of this Heart Failure Patient Day Health Fair is to:
- Promote heart failure health awareness
- Increase self-assessment abilities through interactive learning experiences
- Encourage participants to assume responsibility for their own health choices through development of a personal wellness plan for maximizing heart health throughout life
- Reassure and encourage participants to continue healthy behaviors
- Increase understanding of available heart failure healthcare and health promotion resources
Event Registration Page:
This event will be held at the Gaylord National Harbor hotel.
SOURCE Heart Failure Society of America