CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 2014 NAB Show, Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications, will demonstrate how its cloud-based solutions can help enable global media companies and content producers to simplify the delivery of high-quality, live and on-demand video at scale, and across networks and devices. The exhibition will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 7 to 10.
Leveraging the scale and reach of the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM, Akamai's digital media storage, processing and delivery solutions are designed to help meet the increasing consumer demand and rising expectations for online video quality along with the growing fragmentation across connected devices and platforms. At NAB booth SL4525, Akamai will showcase its proven ability to support:
Scalable 4K video delivery
- On demand delivery and playback with Orange's IPTV service over the Akamai Intelligent Platform
- 4K HEVC MPEG-DASH on demand video streaming, leveraging transcoding, Akamai-enabled home gateway technology and mobile device decode and playback in conjunction with Elemental Technologies
Simple, seamless connection of content to any device by supporting emerging protocols and formats
- Live 4Kp60, HEVC encoded video streaming with MPEG-DASH packaging in conjunction with Elemental Technologies
- Live streaming showing HEVC's ability to deliver higher quality, lower bitrate HD video for OTT to connected devices using the Next Generation Cisco AnyRes platform
Simplified, scalable content workflow and cost efficiency by leveraging media services in the cloud
- Aspera-enabled content uploads into Akamai's cloud-based NetStorage
- 4K on-demand adaptive bitrate streaming using H.264/AVC prepared with Akamai's cloud-based transcoding in conjunction with the NanoTech Nuvola NP-1 streaming media player
- Integrated, cloud-based content preparation, publication and adaptive bitrate delivery in a single step for global playback
Akamai will also show how its Media & Delivery Solutions, Web Experience Solutions, Web Security Solutions, Network Operator Solutions – and combinations of all four – support top-quality, end-to-end content preparation, security, workflows and monetization efforts to an array of connected devices. In addition, a broad range of Akamai's industry ecosystem partners are expected to participate in a series of booth presentations and demonstrations over the duration of the event.
During the 2014 NAB Show, the National Association of Broadcasters plans to live stream NAB Show Live, its daily broadcast from the event, along with select keynote sessions, through Brightcove Video Cloud Live, which uses the Akamai Intelligent Platform for HDS and HLS streaming.
In addition to technology demonstrations, Akamai subject matter experts will participate on several NAB conference panels, including:
- Sunday, April 6 from 5:10 to 5:50 p.m. – Will Law, Akamai's chief architect for media engineering will participate as a panelist in "Next Gen Living Room: Finding and Viewing Your Content on the Big Screen" during 2nd Screen Sunday at NAB (held at the Encore Hotel)
- Wednesday, April 9 from 3 to 3:45 p.m. – Steven Chester, vice president of global media, will join the panel discussion "Adapt or Die: Facing Changes & Challenges in Content Consumption Head On" (LVCC Room N249)
- Wednesday, April 9 from 4 to 5 p.m. – Will Law, principal architect of media, will sit on the panel addressing "A Look Into the Future of Cloud" (LVCC Room S225)
For more information about Akamai's presence at the 2014 NAB Show or to schedule a meeting, visit http://www.akamai.com/nab2014.
About Akamai Akamai® is the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
SOURCE Akamai Technologies, Inc.