LONDON, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Details Visiongain calculates the global High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission market to be worth $30.06bn in 2016. This report addresses the development of the HVDC transmission market, placing analyses and data into the following detailed framework: By geography, application, technology, configuration, component, distance and cabling type. It is essential reading for stakeholders in the power networks and distribution and transmission environments. Do not miss an opportunity to remain informed of key market dynamics and investment opportunities.
Visiongain anticipates the circuit-breaker as the necessary enabler for the realisation of the Supergrid; this will facilitate greater investment beyond the forecast period. Regionally, spending is much more volatile; different trends, regulatory environments, stages of electrical grid development, political priorities and distributions of fossil and non-fossil fuel resources shape the authorisation and construction of HVDC projects. Within the Asian market, the Chinese submarket dominates, and its HVDC projects will underpin the entire HVDC transmission market for the next five years. The second half of the forecast period will be characterised by projects in Europe and transformation of power systems in emerging economies.
This report will answer questions such as:
- How is the HVDC market evolving?
- Who are the leading HVDC component suppliers and cable manufacturers?
- What are the prospects for each regional market over the next decade?
- What technological developments are expected for the period and what impact will this have on the future marketplace?
- Which sets of components (transmission lines and converter stations) will comprise the largest portions of each regional market?
- What kinds of cabling types characterise the HVDC transmission market?
- What is the cost per km of cabling globally and for the various regions?
How will you benefit from this report?
- This report will keep your knowledge base up to speed. Don't get left behind.
- This report will allow you to reinforce strategic decision-making based upon definitive and reliable market data.
- You will learn how to exploit new technological trends.
- You will be able to realise your company's full potential within the market.
- You will better understand the competitive landscape and identify potential new business opportunities and partnerships.
5 reasons why you must order this report today
1. The report provides CAPEX forecasts (2016-2026) and detailed analysis of 6 regional HVDC markets:
- North America
- South America
- Southeast Asia and Oceania
2. The report also contains tables detailing 101 proposed HVDC transmission projects as of 2015:
Information is provided for: Project Name, Application, Cabling Type, HVDC or UHVDC, HVDC lead, Lead Sponsor(s), Location, Estimated cost, Configuration, Transmission Technology, Voltage, Power Rating, Cable Length
3. Based on the 101 proposed HVDC project throughout the world, visiongain provides breakdowns for the following submarkets:
- By Application (Connection to Remote Generation, Power Sharing/Exchange, Long-Distance Transmission and Upgrade Projects: Grid Robustness)
- By Component (Transmission Lines and Convertor Stations)
- By Technology (Line Commutated and Voltage Source Converters; UHVDC and HVDC)
- By Configuration (Monopolar, Bipolar, Back-to-Back (B2B) and Multi-terminal)
- By Distance
- By Cabling Type (Overground, Underground, Subsea and Combination)
4. Profiles of the leading HVDC transmission component suppliers are included, detailing market shares, tables of key projects and future outlook. Profiles of the leading transmission cable suppliers are also included.
5. The analysis is also underpinned by our exclusive interviews with leading experts:
- Phillip Goddard, Founder of PRG Energy
- Catherine Roderick from the Multi-Terminal DC grid for Offshore Wind (MEDOW) Consortium.
Who should read this report?
- Anyone within the transmission industry
- Transmission and Distribution system operators
- Electricity Sector Utilities
- Transmission cable suppliers
- Power transmission component suppliers
- Business development managers
- Marketing managers
- Government agencies
Don't miss out
This report is essential reading for you or anyone in the transmission and distribution sector with an interest in the prospects for HVDC. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there.
Order the High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Transmission Market 2016-2026 report now. We look forward to receiving your order.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3414732/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers