High Yield Specialist DDJ Capital Management Adds Clients Worldwide, Expands Investment Capabilities
WALTHAM, Mass., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DDJ Capital Management, LLC, an institutional manager of high yield and special situations investments with investors worldwide, is pleased to announce that as of December 31, 2012, the firm managed approximately $5 billion in assets, a gain of more than 37% of total assets during the year, following net inflows from new and existing clients coupled with positive investment returns.
During 2012, DDJ introduced a new core high yield strategy focused on higher quality corporate borrowers. DDJ's core high yield strategy, which invests in the middle tier of the non-investment grade credit markets, presently has approximately $1.1 billion in assets under management. The core approach complements the firm's opportunistic high yield strategy, which targets middle market U.S. and Canadian companies in the lower tier of the non-investment grade credit markets.
Additionally, DDJ continued to grow two commingled vehicles for its opportunistic high yield strategy in 2012. Such vehicles provide access to investors who wish to invest less than the $50 million minimum required to launch a separate account.
"Meeting client demand with strongly performing strategies has helped our firm grow significantly this past year and we are very pleased with the reception we have received globally," said DDJ's David Breazzano, president and chief investment officer. "We believe that a slow growth economic environment is positive for high yield and that this asset class will remain attractive in 2013."
Additional 2012 firm highlights include:
- The District of Columbia Retirement Board appointed DDJ for a $150 million opportunistic high yield mandate
- Northern Funds hired DDJ as a sub-adviser for the $775 million Northern Multi-Manager High Yield Opportunity Fund
- Russell Investments Canada appointed DDJ as a high yield sub-adviser for the Russell Global High Income Bond Pool, a Canadian mutual fund
- A sovereign wealth fund appointed DDJ to manage a core high yield mandate
- A major U.S. mutual fund sponsor appointed DDJ as a high yield sub-adviser for a multi-billion dollar global multi-strategy fund
- A global provider of investment solutions hired DDJ as a sub-investment manager of its global high yield UCITS fund that targets non-U.S. investors
- Two prominent U.S. corporate retirement plans invested in a commingled trust managed by DDJ that pursues the opportunistic high yield strategy
As of December 31, 2012, assets managed for non-US clients comprised approximately 40% of DDJ's total assets under management.
DDJ's U.S. opportunistic high yield and distressed and special situations strategies rank in the 7th and 3rd percentiles, respectively, for the three-year period ended December 31, 2012, according to eVestment, a leading source of investment performance for institutional investors.
About DDJ Capital Management, LLC
DDJ Capital Management is a high yield and special situations investment manager based in Waltham, Massachusetts. Established in 1996, DDJ currently manages approximately $5.4 billion on behalf of corporate and public retirement funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and family offices worldwide. DDJ's investment team consists of 18 investment professionals highly specialized in the areas of credit research, legal analysis, bankruptcy law, portfolio management, trading and business operational improvements. For more information, please visit www.ddjcap.com.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.
SOURCE DDJ Capital Management, LLC
More by this Source
High Yield Specialist DDJ Capital Management Introduces Dedicated Senior Loan Strategy
Apr 24, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.