Hill's Launches Five New Science Diet® Foods, Eight New Treats for Cats and Dogs Featuring Natural Ingredients
Recipe for a Better Life™ Formulas Offer Precisely Balanced Nutrition and Industry-Leading Quality
TOPEKA, Kan., July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hill's Pet Nutrition announced today the launch of five new food varieties and eight new treat varieties for cats and dogs as part of the reformulated Hill's Science Diet® line, now featuring natural ingredients.
Like the Science Diet products that were relaunched in late 2012, the new food varieties contain a precise balance of essential nutrients with natural ingredients, quality protein as the first ingredient, no chicken by-product meal and no artificial colors, preservatives or flavors.
"We are continuing our commitment to pet parents who are looking for food that offers precisely balanced nutrition and a great taste, while also incorporating high-quality natural ingredients," said Hill's U.S. President Kostas Kontopanos. "We've expanded the Science Diet line so that pet parents can find food and treats that are appropriately tailored to their pet."
Hill's Pet Nutrition's nutritional philosophy is based on the evidence that what pets eat significantly impacts their health and wellbeing. This means, not too little and not too much of the right nutrients. Hill's believes this approach delivers optimal nutrient ranges for pets of each life-stage, type and size.
The newly launched dry foods include Adult Grain Free for cats, Adult Grain Free for dogs, Adult Indoor Long Coat for cats, Senior Indoor Age Defying for cats and Senior Small & Toy Breed Age Defying for dogs.
- Science Diet Grain Free Cat is a precisely balanced formula suitable for cats with grain sensitivities. The formula is grain-free with natural ingredients featuring prebiotics to promote nutrient absorption and digestive health, as well as nutrients to nourish a radiant and lustrous skin and coat and support a healthy immune system, kidneys and vision.
- Science Diet Grain Free Dog offers a precisely-balanced grain-free diet for dogs. With a precise balance of natural ingredients, the new food features prebiotics to promote nutrient absorption and digestive health, as well as nutrients to nourish a radiant and lustrous skin and coat, and support a healthy heart, immune system and vision.
- Science Diet Cat Indoor Long Coat is designed for long-haired cats with an indoor lifestyle. Formulated with a precise balance of natural ingredients, the new food works to nourish and promote a thick, shiny and beautiful coat; helps cats avoid hairballs; and promotes healthy digestion for easy litter box clean up.
- Science Diet Cat Indoor Age Defying is an easy-to-digest nutritional formula designed to promote healthy digestion for older indoor cats. With natural ingredients, the new food promotes good vision, as well as long-term heart and kidney health, and helps cats avoid hairballs.
Small & Toy Breed:
- Science Diet Small & Toy Breed Age Defying is tailored for older dogs, featuring fish oil and omega fatty acids to support youthful vitality and a shiny coat; nutrients to improve mobility; a tasty, crunchy kibble with optimal levels of calcium; and vitamin C to promote healthy teeth and gums.
The newly launched Science Diet treats are all natural, made with real beef, chicken, fresh, wholesome fruits and vegetables, and contain no corn, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. These treats are made in the United States.
- Science Diet Baked Light Biscuits with Real Chicken help maintain healthy, trim body weight. Available in Small, Medium and Large varieties.
- Science Diet Dental Chews with Real Vegetables offer a tasty and healthy way to freshen your dog's breath. Available in Small, Medium and Large varieties.
- Science Diet Fruity Snacks with Bananas & Oatmeal are made with flaxseed for skin and coat health. The crunchy snacks are made with real fruit pieces that make every treat a special occasion.
- Science Diet Veggie Chips with Spinach & Potatoes are made with spinach and potatoes, natural sources of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Since the pioneering work of veterinary nutritionist and founder Dr. Mark Morris Sr. in 1939, Hill's has taken a consistent, scientific approach to developing nutritional therapies and wellness products for dogs and cats.
Hill's will begin shipping the new foods and treats to specialty pet stores and veterinarians in August.
About Hill's Pet Nutrition
Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. manufactures Hill's® Prescription Diet® brand pet foods, therapeutic pet foods available only through veterinarians, Hill's® Science Diet® and Hill's® Ideal Balance™ brand pet foods sold through veterinarians and finer pet specialty stores. Founded more than 60 years ago with a unique commitment to pet nutrition and well-being, Hill's is committed to its mission to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets. Hill's produces high-quality, great-tasting pet foods owners can trust and give to their canine and feline companions as part of a veterinary health care team recommendation. For more information about Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc., and Hill's Evidence-Based Clinical Nutrition™ visit HillsPet.com, or visit us on Facebook, keywords "Hill's Pet Nutrition."
Contact: Edisa Chacin
SOURCE Hill's Pet Nutrition