Hilton Garden Inn Launches Second Annual 'Life's Ultimate To-Do List' Contest Hotel brand continues to build the ultimate to-do list while making consumers' bucket list dreams come true
MEMPHIS, Tenn., July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Run a marathon? Visit the rainforest? Backpack through Europe? If given the chance to cross the ultimate to-do item off your list, what would you choose? According to a recent study conducted by Hilton Garden Inn, nearly seven out of 10 Americans have created some type of ultimate to-do list with travel and volunteering for a cause topping the list. Hilton Garden Inn, along with National Geographic Traveler, today announced the launch of the second annual 'Life's Ultimate To-Do List' contest, which encourages consumers to enter for an opportunity to make their bucket list dreams a reality.
The 'Life's Ultimate To-Do List' contest, which runs through August 5th on Hilton Garden Inn's Facebook page, asks consumers to share their top to-do list item and why they should win the prize, which will serve as their entry into the contest. Entries will also be added to Hilton Garden Inn's ongoing 'Ultimate To-Do List,' a comprehensive guide of fun and interesting things to explore across the globe. At the end of the contest, the 10 best entries will be chosen as the grand prize winners and they can fulfill their to-do list item. Each winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip totaling up to $5,000. The trip will include roundtrip airfare for the winner and a guest to the destination of their choice near an eligible Hilton Garden Inn hotel, hotel accommodations at any eligible Hilton Garden Inn around the globe, spending money to spend on the activity, a flip camera to document the adventure and a year-long subscription to National Geographic Traveler.
"As an organization that supports travel and exploration, we're thrilled to be working together with Hilton Garden Inn to promote this year's 'Life's Ultimate To-Do List' contest," said Andrew Evans, National Geographic Traveler's digital explorer. "Whether it's taking a hot air balloon ride in Napa Valley, touring a glacier in Alaska or visiting the historic sites in Istanbul, National Geographic Traveler and Hilton Garden Inn encourage consumers to get out there and discover the fascinating world around us. This contest provides ten lucky winners with the unique opportunity to do just that."
In support of the contest, Hilton Garden Inn recently conducted a survey*, which uncovered the following insights into Americans' ultimate to-do lists:
- Oh the places you will go: Travel tops to-do lists for the second year in a row, with Italy being the most desirable destination. Bucket list or no bucket list, 75% of all Americans would like to visit a new place in the next year and among those with a list, 90% have visiting a special destination as one of their items (compared to 83% in 2011).
- Pay it forward: Nearly seven in ten Americans (69%) say volunteering for a cause they care about is something they would want to accomplish in their lifetime (compared to 59% in 2011).
- Risky business: Americans with to-do lists increasingly seek thrills and adventure. Forty two percent of those Americans include "doing something risky or dangerous" on their list (compared to 35% in 2011) and men are much more likely than women to have something risky or dangerous on their list (53% vs. 32%).
- How much are you willing to give up?: The vast majority of Americans would give something up for the chance to complete the number one thing on their to-do list within the next year. Two-thirds of people with lifetime to-do lists would give up social networking (65%) and over half (56%) would sacrifice their cell phone.
"At Hilton Garden Inn, whether traveling for adventure, volunteering or taking care of business our guests can count on us," said Judy Christa-Cathey, Vice President, Global Brand Marketing for Hilton Garden Inn. "We're pleased to help ten lucky consumers achieve personal success by checking the number one priority off of their ultimate to-do list and we look forward to reading this year's submissions."
No Purchase Necessary. To enter the contest, explore the consumer-generated Ultimate To-Do list content, and find more information, visit the Hilton Garden Inn Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HiltonGardenInn. For access to media materials and assets, please visit www.hgimediacenter.com/ultimatetodolist.
* To better understand Americans' attitudes and behaviors related to ultimate to-do lists, Hilton Garden Inn conducted an omnibus survey of Americans, 18 years of age and older. ORC international fielded the telephone survey among a nationally representative sample of 1,011 Americans over the age of 18. Interviewing for these CARAVAN® Surveys was completed between April 19 – April 22, 2012. Results have a margin of error of +/- 3.1% at the 95% confidence level.
About Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn is the award-winning, value-focused and dependable hotel brand guests can count on to ensure they have everything they need to find success on the road. From our oh-so-comfortable Garden Sleep System® bed to complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in all guestrooms, count on Hilton Garden Inn to support its guests on their roads to success, through a trusted and appreciative experience forging a loyal relationship. Whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the reliable amenities and services for guests to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. For more information about our locations around the globe, visit www.hgi.com or call 1-877-STAY-HGI.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,800 hotels and timeshare properties, with 630,000 rooms in 91 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
SOURCE Hilton Garden Inn