Hilton, Lufthansa, Swiss, Singapore and American Voted World's Top Travel Companies by Frequent Business Traveler Readers
GlobeRunner Awards Honor the World's Best Hotels, Airlines, Car Rental Agencies, Travel Websites and Other Providers
NEW YORK, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Lufthansa, American Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Transaero Airlines, and Emirates Airline have been named best in class by readers of Frequent Business Traveler (www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com), an online publication written for and by affluent frequent business travelers.
The Hilton chain was recognized as favorite in the Americas, Asia/Pacific (APAC) and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). American Airlines took top honors as best airline in the Americas; Transaero won its award for service in Europe/Middle East/Africa; while Singapore Airlines scored tops for the Asia/Pacific region. The publication's readers bestowed two awards to Lufthansa - best first class lounge as well as best frequent flyer program. Honors for Best Airport in the Americas went to John F. Kennedy International Airport. Top recognition also went to BMW as the Best Automobile Manufacturer and Hertz as Best Car Rental Chain.
The Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards recognize the world's best airlines, hotel chains, automobile manufacturers, car rental agencies, luggage manufacturers and travel websites.
Voting was conducted online from January 9 through March 15, and over 110,000 votes were cast by readers.
"Every day, our readers crisscross the globe, patronizing the world's leading hotels, airlines, and travel-related services," said Jonathan Spira, editorial director of Frequent Business Traveler. "The GlobeRunner Awards are their awards. Their knowledge and desire for the best are reflected in the list of winners we are recognizing."
The awards were presented at a ceremony at The Penn Club in New York City. Coverage of the awards is available online at http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2013/07/globerunner-2013/
The complete list of GlobeRunner award winners is:
- Best Airline in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Transaero Airlines
- Best Airline in the Americas: American Airlines
- Best First Class Lounges: Lufthansa
- Best Business Class Lounges: Swiss International Air Lines
- Best Airport in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Changi Airport
- Best Airport in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Dubai International Airport
- Best Airport in the Americas: John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Best Airline Alliance: Star Alliance
- Best Frequent Flyer Program: Lufthansa Miles & More
- Best Airline Food and Wine: Emirates Airline
- Best Hotel Chain in Asia/Pacific: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in The Americas: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain/Group Loyalty Program: Hilton HHonors
- Best Hotel Chain Dining/Restaurant: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Credit/Charge Card Points Program: American Express Membership Rewards
- Best Mobile Phone Coverage in North America: AT&T
- Best Web Site for Booking Travel: Expedia
- Best General Travel Site: FlyerTalk
- Best Car Rental Chain in the World: Hertz
- Best Car Manufacturer in the World: BMW
- Best Luggage Maker: Samsonite
ABOUT FREQUENT BUSINESS TRAVELER
Frequent Business Traveler (http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com) is an online publication that brings must-read travel tips and insights, news, reviews, and local knowledge to globetrotting executives in order to ensure seamless, productive, and successful travel. It is published by Accura Media Group, a publisher of online content for the new class of consumers who prefer luxury, eco-friendliness and smart design.
SOURCE Frequent Business Traveler
More by this Source
Frequent Flyers Give TSA Failing Grade For the Second Year Running
Oct 02, 2013, 08:00 ET
Frequent Travelers Rate Best and Worst Airline Award Redemption Programs
Jul 01, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.