LAS VEGAS, March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (HIMSS 16, Booth #7599) -- Ricoh today announced its roster of innovative healthcare technologies and services on display at HIMSS® 16 Annual Conference and Exhibition, February 29 - March 4. This showcase includes offerings aimed at helping healthcare professionals provide efficient, effective and exceptional care to patients. Whether it's enabling easier access to records at the bedside, capturing point-of-care data with clinical photography or managing protected information within Electronic Health Records (EHRs), Ricoh helps customers to meet meaningful use and accountable care goals, all at an affordable price point.
The healthcare industry is poised to continue to see significant gains from information mobility – the ability to capture, transform and manage information securely from any device, anywhere, at any time. According to an IDC Health Insights study commissioned by Ricoh, when information mobility technology is implemented successfully, hospitals are reporting improvement in work quality (28.3%), information flow within departments (27.3%) and time employees dedicate to their patients (27.3%), contributing to enhanced patient care and satisfaction.
Ricoh will showcase technologies that address the many challenges hospitals and healthcare professionals face as they work to provide the best possible care to their patients. An added bonus in the Ricoh booth will be the opportunity to see visual and hands-on demos via Ricoh's interactive whiteboards. These advanced technology offerings help easily manage, mark up and share documents and images whether using their finger, the optional pen, or the intuitive tablet app, enabling them to more quickly and effectively manage and transform dynamic content. Attendees will experience firsthand the powerful capabilities Ricoh's solutions offer for streamlining hospital workflow and optimizing the patient experience.
Innovations showcased at the booth (#7599) include:
- Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange (Ricoh EDE) is a subscription based service that helps improve the overall patient experience by transferring protected data, including clinical photography and images, to an intended destination. This workflow solution enables healthcare facilities to capture, store and manage protected information, whether structured or unstructured, within an EHR or enterprise content management (ECM) system. Ricoh EDE helps providers eliminate tedious manual image transfers, image identification and human error – ultimately boosting overall accuracy, efficiency and productivity. At HIMSS, this solution will be demonstrated leveraging Ricoh's healthcare camera.
- Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare is a solution that helps hospitals simplify the management of print and other IT managed devices, while helping identify compliance risks. This new solution leverages Information-as-a-Service offerings from Symphion, Inc. designed for Print, IT and Compliance. By utilizing Asset Lifecycle Management for Healthcare's automated scanning, device discovery, and predictive analytics, IT management can make more informed decisions that can help reduce device, labor and other IT costs, while at the same time managing the risks of ever evolving infrastructure.
- Intelligent Forms Solution for Hospitals is a solution that can help to increase productivity and efficiencies in hospitals and healthcare environments. Healthcare professionals are able to replace manual steps with automated clinical and financial processes, increase the speed at which new employees are onboarded, and more. In partnership with Access, this solution brings together best-in-class products, software, and integration expertise to deliver the best possible solution to our customers.
- DocuScripts is a solution that automates submission and tracking of medication orders. Users can dispense medicine faster, help drive down healthcare costs and enhance patient care in acute care facilities. DocuScripts sends physicians' hardcopy prescription orders directly to the pharmacy in an electronic format. The solution integrates with existing hospital workflows to give doctors, nurses and pharmacists more control over medication ordering and tracking processes.
- Output Manager is a solution that enables healthcare professionals to manage and monitor their printer and copier fleet for maximum efficiency, promoting faster and better delivery of healthcare information. Ricoh's Output Manager helps healthcare professionals to securely access the information that they need, when and where they need it, be it at a patient's bedside or on-the-go.
- Point of Service Scanning is a document workflow and automation solution that delivers measurable productivity gains and cost reductions by streamlining how people capture, transform and manage healthcare documents. This solution, which leverages technology from Nuance, helps customers automate their document workflow processes and helps healthcare professionals capture data at the point-of-care.
- DocuWare is an electronic content management (ECM) service that automates business processes and workflows by electronically managing and sharing documents regardless of their format or source. Documents are readily available, where and when they are needed. Patient paper records can be scanned and stored electronically, providing access to a complete patient record regardless of where the patient is seen while remaining easily accessible at the bedside.
- Ricoh Consulting Services The healthcare industry is undergoing vast and significant technology changes from a number of market influences – and the pressure has never been higher to deliver enterprise-wide efficiencies, greater visibility to relevant information and quality care. Rising costs, new government legislation, provider community consolidation and more add to a daunting list of challenges that impact your organization. With so many projects, initiatives and demands happening simultaneously, prioritizing these activities – all of them competing for what limited resources are available – can be nearly impossible. Ricoh Consulting Services are designed to help healthcare organizations turn challenges into wins with our proven, holistic, globally tested approach across clinical and business processes; information governance, risk, and compliance; mobility strategies; and organizational change management.
Additionally at HIMSS, as a result of public vote, Ricoh's Ron Nielson will be speaking on the topic of "How to get Gen Y Running into the Clinical Workforce". In this interactive session held on March 3rd at 11:30am PT, Nielson will lead a discussion on ways healthcare facilities can add information mobility capabilities securely to their workflow to become more efficient and stand out above the competition. At the same time, this session will show Generation Y that healthcare organizations "get" them.
For more information on Ricoh's solutions, visit: www.ricoh-usa.com. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending the show and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives, please contact Tracey Sheehy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in over 190 countries. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2016 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
SOURCE Ricoh Americas Corporation