In booth #3822, visitors will be greeted by the RICOH Virtual Self-Service Hologram, appropriately dressed in scrubs. From there, they have the opportunity to experience similar information journeys as a patient would when arriving at a facility - from admittance to discharge. The Ricoh booth will promote technologies that address common healthcare tasks such as:
- The way information is gathered: Do patients fill out paper forms or use a tablet for digital form entry? Or could they have prefilled the form before coming in? Driving efficiency – both in intake and in bringing that data to the next step in the information lifecycle – can have a very direct effect both on patient satisfaction and revenue.
- The way information is shared: When patients see a healthcare provider, that provider either has the patient's information ready, they have to retrieve it – or, worst case, ask the patient to provide some of the same information they did during intake, again. Ricoh experts will show information can move seamlessly from intake to treatment helping to avoid such bottlenecks. Of course, treatment can involve many departments, specialists and offices, so the stronger the information management – and the better the visibility into that information management – the more efficiently things can be handled.
- The way administrative tasks are completed: Papers can be misplaced, misprinted or difficult to read, so working to make sure when something does need to be printed, it's done so as efficiently and securely as possible is crucial. Of course, the patient relationship doesn't end when they walk out the door. Maintaining accurate, accessible, secured information is crucial to billing, rescheduling and follow-up.
Additionally, Ricoh experts will discuss how assessing and addressing gaps with these integrated data management solutions can help improve efficiencies and reduce costs such as:
- Reduce patient wait times,
- Make information more readily accessible where and when it's needed,
- Decrease denials and increase revenue,
- Streamline forms for increased accuracy and enhanced care delivery, and
- Drive down costs and eliminate duplicate orders.
In booth #3822, informative presentations will occur multiple times throughout show hours to highlight the importance of data management at every stage of the patient experience. Presentation attendees will also be entered for a chance to win a RICOH THETA SC and have the opportunity to discuss tips and trends of the day with Ricoh's onsite experts.
For the first time, Ricoh will be featured in the HIMSS 2017 Interoperability Showcase in booth 9000, Hall F. Tours including Ricoh technologies will begin 15 minutes past each hour and will be featured as a part of the Surgery and Recovery Use Case. As an example of information's journey, this demonstration will showcase how the RICOH Electronic Data Exchange platform helps eliminate the need for a paper chart when documents can be scanned at the point of service and stored in the EMR in a matter of minutes. Use Case demonstrations require registration. To access the registration form, visit: http://www.interoperabilityshowcase.org/orlando/2017/demonstration-use-cases.
For more information on Ricoh's healthcare solutions, visit: https://www.ricoh-usa.com/en/about-us/events/himss17 and follow the company's social media channels on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Also, read more about how James Graham Brown Cancer Center and Houston Methodist Hospital have improved their patient experience with Ricoh services.
If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending the show and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives, please contact Tracey Sheehy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, visual communications systems, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2016, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,209 billion yen (approx. 19.6 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2017 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh USA, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/himss-2017-ricoh-showcases-a-day-in-the-life-of-data-300408087.html
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.