DUBLIN, September 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "HDAC Inhibitors Market, 2016 - 2026" report to their offering.
The HDAC Inhibitors Market, 2016-2026 report was commissioned to examine the current landscape and the future outlook of the growing pipeline of products in this area. HDACs have been studied in cellular processes such as apoptosis, autophagy, metabolism, DNA damage repair, cell cycle control and senescence.
The study provides a detailed market forecast and opportunity analysis for the time period 2016-2026. The research, analysis and insights presented in this report include potential sales of the approved drugs and the ones in late stages of development (phase III and phase II). To add robustness to our model, we have provided three scenarios for our market forecast; these include the conservative, base and optimistic scenarios. Our opinions and insights, presented in this study were influenced by several discussions we conducted with experts in this area. All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
Currently, the HDAC inhibitors' pipeline comprises of over 90 molecules under development. It is worth highlighting that over the last few years, the focus has shifted from pan-HDAC to class-specific HDAC inhibitors. Additionally, the research activity, with respect to the number of publications, has been highly promising. With an intense research framework, there have been over 9500 papers published in the last 10 years (as captured in PubMed). Further, increasing popularity on social media validates the growing interest in this field. The analysis conducted from 2009 to 2015 demonstrates a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 33% in the tweets registered on Twitter. Similar trends have been observed on Facebook.
As pharmaceutical companies continue to initiate and expand their research programs in this area, one of the key objectives outlined for this report was to understand the future potential of the market.
This was done by analyzing:
- The HDAC inhibitor pipeline (marketed, clinical and preclinical drugs) in terms of phase of development, HDAC class specificity and the evolving therapeutic areas / target indications.
- The likely adoption of the HDAC inhibitors by understanding the competition posed by the current treatment regime in the coming few years.
- The emerging trends and the popularity of HDAC inhibitors on social media such as Twitter and Facebook over the last few years.
- The research activity in this field in terms of the focus of the publications / research articles granted across the globe in the last two years.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
4. HDAC Inhibitors: Market Landscape
5. Drug Profiles: Marketed And Late-Stage HDAC Inhibitors
6. Key Insights: Therapeutic Area, Class Specificity, Clinical Endpoints
7. Market Forecast And Opportunity Analysis
8. Publication Analysis
9. Social Media: Emerging Trends
11. Interview Transcripts
12. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
13. Appendix 2: List Of Companies And Organizations
Companies Mentioned - Partial List
- AcelRx pharma
- Acorda Therapeutics
- Acura Pharma
- Acorda Therapeutics
- Altus formulations
- Algiax Pharmaceuticals
- Amorsa Therapeutics
- BioDelivery Sciences International Inc
- Cara Therapeutics
- Collegium Pharma
- Columbia Labs
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Eli Lilly
- Elite Pharma
- Ensyce Bioscience
- Flamel Technologies
- Flexion Therapeutics
- GW Pharma
- Immune Pharmaceuticals
- Impax Pharmaceuticals
- Intelli Pharmaceutics
- IRX Therapeutics
- Johnson and Johnson
- Kunwha Pharmaceutical
- Medallion Therapeutics
- Orbis Biosciences
- Pain Therapeutics
- Recro pharma
- Relmada Therapeutics
- Reckitt Benckiser pharmaceutical
- Signature Therapeutics
- Spinifex pharma
- SPR Therapeutics
- Tesa Labtec GmpH
- Trevena Inc
- Tris Pharma
- Wooddiff Lake
- Xenon Pharma
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6zk8cq/hdac_inhibitors
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/histone-deacetylase-inhibitors-hdac-inhibitors-market-2016---2026---currently-90-molecules-under-development---research-and-markets-300323939.html
SOURCE Research and Markets