DENVER, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tickets are now on sale for the History Colorado Center, Colorado's new history museum and cultural attraction opening April 28, at HistoryColoradoCenter.org.
- Single Admission: Adults-$10; Students (13-22)/Seniors (65+)-$8; Children (6-12)-$6; Children 5 and under-FREE; Members-FREE
- Groups (10 or more): Adults-$8; Students (13-22)/Seniors (65+)-$8; Children (6-12)-$4. Advance reservations required.
Also visit HistoryColoradoCenter.org for tickets and information about special opening events.
Public Opening Celebration – Saturday, April 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Enjoy new hands-on exhibits that include taking a virtual ride in a Model T, launching down a ski jump with a simulator, setting dynamite to explode at a mining interactive, and more. Special activities include crafts, caricature artists and performers such as tightrope walkers, astronauts, cowboys and Colorado music. Tickets are available for this historic day!
- 10 a.m. Ribbon Cutting; Doors Open at 10:30 a.m.
- Cost: Standard admission; timed tickets will be available both online and onsite
Member Appreciation Open House – Friday, April 27, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Family Night 5 to 9 p.m.
History Colorado members get a preview of the History Colorado Center a day before it opens to the public. In the evening, it's Member's Family Night, featuring family-friendly entertainment and light refreshments. Members also get two additional guest passes. Discover all the benefits of a History Colorado membership by selecting Join at HistoryColoradoCenter.org.
Grand Opening Celebration – Wednesday, April 25, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Celebrate Colorado's history with an evening of progressive dining and discovery, with entertainment from Colorado Children's Chorale, an old time ensemble, jazz trio, ice carver and other interactive performances.
- Tickets are on sale now at HistoryColoradoCenter.org or call 303/866-4736
- Cost: $75 Individual, $150 Patron (Patron ticket includes a $75 donation to History Colorado). Space is limited.
About History Colorado
Established in 1879, the Colorado Historical Society—today's History Colorado—preserves Colorado's rich heritage through the State Historical Fund, the Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, collections stewardship, statewide museums and programs for students, educators and visitors of all ages. History Colorado is headquartered in the History Colorado Center, 1200 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203 in Denver's Golden Triangle Museum District. Find History Colorado at Facebook.com/HistoryColorado and @HistoryColorado. For more information, visit HistoryColorado.org or call (303) HISTORY.
Rebecca Laurie, PR Director
SOURCE History Colorado