SAN FRANCISCO, November 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global HIV-1 therapeutics market is expected to reach a value of USD 15.8 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 1.4%. According to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., HIV continues to be one of the most challenging public health issues worldwide.
The key factors responsible for driving the market growth include the increasing incidence of HIV infections especially amongst the youth due to unprotected sexual practices, exposure to needles or syringes contaminated with infected body fluids or tissues, lack of awareness regarding transmission risk factors, etc. The estimated number of people suffering from HIV in 2015 was recorded to be more than 35 million according to AVERT, a UK-based HIV and AIDS charity.
HIV has vastly affected people from developing and under developed countries, mainly the Asian and African regions. As this infection is not curable at present, the primary aim of antiretroviral therapy is to suppress viral replication in patients using anti-retroviral agents that are grouped into six different drug classes based on their mechanism of action.
The combination therapy entails medicines from at least two to three drug classes as each class targets different steps in the HIV lifecycle. The combination of drugs is chosen based on patients' medical history, predisposition to adverse effects of antiretroviral drugs, co-infections with other diseases, and others.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-1 Therapeutics Market Analysis By Drug Class (Nucleoside-Analog Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs), Non-NRTIs, Entry & Fusion, Protease, Integrase Inhibitors, Coreceptor Antagonists), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/human-immunodeficiency-virus-hiv-1-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- NRTIs were the largest class of drugs available in the market in 2015 accounting for over 40% of total drugs available in this vertical
- Integrase inhibitors segment is expected to be the fastest growing class of antiretroviral drugs owing to the expected launch of additional integrase inhibitors by major players such as Gilead Sciences, In. and Merck & Co., Inc.
- In 2015, North America held the largest market share in 2015 with a share of over 35%. Easier access to diagnostic facilities is one of the key factors supporting sector expansion in this region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing regional segment and will retain its position over the forecast period owing to the enhancing healthcare infrastructure and presence of suitable government initiatives favoring growth
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. was the leader in HIV-1 therapeutics sector with respect to market share and drug portfolio, followed by ViiV Healthcare in 2015. In addition, in the coming years other small players are expected to enter this sector with their pipeline drugs.
- Other important players in this industry include AbbVie, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc., and Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anti-obesity-therapeutics-market
- Orthobiological Products Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthobiological-products-market
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bone-morphogenetic-proteins-market
- Biotechnology Reagents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-reagent-market
Grand View Research has segmented the HIV-1 Therapeutics market by drug class and region:
- HIV-1 Therapeutics Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Nucleoside-Analog Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs)
- Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs)
- Entry and Fusion Inhibitors
- Protease Inhibitors (PIs)
- Integrase Inhibitors
- Coreceptor Antagonists
- HIV-1 Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Access research insight: - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/hiv-1-therapeutics-market-novel-additions
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.