NEW YORK and SAN FRANCISCO, May 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Hive-IO, a leader in software-defined infrastructure, today announced VDI 3.0, the latest release of its revolutionary virtualization software. With the Hive-IO utility fabric any company looking to deploy or enhance their desktop virtualization can build a strong, secure, efficient, and high-performance VDI 3.0 infrastructure.
"The cost and complexity of today's VDI is a barrier for companies the need to offer desktop-as-a-service, any time, on any device and anywhere," explained Joe Makoid, CEO and Co-founder, Hive-IO. "With Hive-IO's VDI 3.0, these barriers are eliminated and organizations of all sizes now have the flexibility to implement VDI and realize the value that has been lacking across today's solutions."
Hive-IO's VDI 3.0 is a complete software solution that reduces storage needs removes vendor sprawl and provides unparalleled security. Hive-IO can be delivered on-premise premise or from a managed services provider. Management of the platform can be done in house or can be sourced externally to Hive-IO certified partners.
- VDI 1.0 – 2002/2003 – Early RDP implementations and customer experimentation – Primarily for task workers with limited video audio capability
- VDI 2.0 – 2007 – Included legacy hypervisor layered solutions with hypervisor storage acceleration. Remote video only available in separate layers and is costly, and difficult to manage and integrate. Additionally, to achieve PC-like performance requires special engineering resources, significant management server resources.
- VDI 3.0 – 2016/2017 – a software-centric architecture that tightly integrates compute, storage, networking and virtualization resources and other technologies from scratch in a commodity hardware box supported by a single vendor in Hive-IO.
Advantages of Hive-IO VDI 3.0 include:
- All Features and Functions included as standard.
- The cost of a typical VDI implementation is reduced by over 50%.
- You can save an average of 40% of traditional vendor bloat - eliminated by removing agents, services and compute sprawl.
- The Hive-IO solution can be delivered from your data center or in a hybrid cloud solution based on your requirements.
- Multiple deployment scenarios offered for complete flexibility.
More details are available in the Hive-IO VDI 3.0 Reference architecture. Interested companies and organizations can also request a 5-license test drive at https://www.hive-io.com/vdi3/.
"Hive-IO's VDI 3.0 software eliminates the need for VMware, Citrix and other costly software components and is the fastest growing virtualization product today. The total cost is lower by far than AWS," noted Makoid. "Customers are able to get a fully-managed and faster VDI deployment and a totally integrated solution up and running in minutes."
Hive-IO is an infrastructure innovation company that delivers the power, value and agility of the public cloud with all the security, control and governance of the private cloud. Our secure cloud software infrastructure platform and all-inclusive ground up solution delivers full cloud service out of the box. The Hive-IO solution is in use in some of the largest virtual infrastructure implementations across the world. For more information, visit www.hive-io.com and follow @Hive-IO1 on Twitter.
All trademarks and service marks are property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hive-io-announces-vdi-30-revolutionary-desktop-virtualization-software-for-hosted-and-cloud-solutions-300448633.html