FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA) is pleased to announce its newly elected board members representing milk banks and other stakeholders all over the US and Canada.
The newly elected board members are:
- Ashlynn Baker, BSN, RN –Milk Bank Manager, King's Daughter Milk Bank, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Laraine Lockhart Borman, BA, I BCLC –Director of Outreach, Mothers' Milk Bank, Arvada, Colorado.
- Rebecca Mannel, BS, IBCLC, FILCA –Executive Director, Oklahoma Mother's Milk Bank; Director, Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center; Clinical Instructor and Lactation Director, University of Oklahoma Departments of OB/GYN and Pediatrics.
- Maryanne Perrin, PhD, MBA – Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Greensboro,
- Sharon Unger, MD, FRCP(C) – Neonatologist and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario.
Naomi Bar-Yam, PhD, Executive Director, Mothers' Milk Bank Northeast, is the new President of the HMBANA Board. She succeeds Pauline Sakamoto, MS, RN, PHN, Executive Director, Mothers' Milk Bank, San José, CA.
"I am honored and excited to be serving as HMBANA's President at a time of many changes within the organization as well as in the medical world. I have found milk bankers everywhere and at all levels to be passionate and dedicated to our mission of getting more milk to more babies in need," Bar-Yam said.
Ashlynn Baker, newly elected HMBANA Board member, feels passionately about HMBANA's mission. "I am honored to serve alongside our countries' leading human milk experts on the HMBANA board. Together we will strategically plan for HMBANA's future growth while ensuring that safety, science, ethics and advocacy always remain top priority for non-profit milk banks throughout North America," said Ashlynn.
About Human Milk Banking Association of North America
In 2015, HMBANA's 24-member milk banks have dispensed over 4 million ounces of lifesaving donor human milk to critically ill hospitalized infants in all 50 states and most of Canada. Visit www.hmbana.org for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hmbana-announces-new-board-of-directors-300316325.html
SOURCE Human Milk Banking Association of North America