BELOEIL, QC, May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - Hoagland Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Services (HVF/EMS), Indiana, took delivery of a Demers MXP 170 Ambulance during the FDIC International 2016 at Indianapolis, Indiana. Servicing Hoagland and surrounding communities for over a combined 100 years of a volunteer effort, the purchase is made possible by both the support of the community and the families protected by their service.
"The relationship between Demers Ambulances and Hoagland Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Services started at FDIC International 2015 and our new unit was displayed and delivered at FDIC International 2016! Since we are a small volunteer department, it is critical to get the best ambulance with the most features for safety, innovative design, and, of course, value. We've accomplished all of our objectives by purchasing the Demers Type I MXP 170," explains Chief Troy McDonald.
"Demers is driven by the philosophy that every single detail counts. The Type 1 MXP 170 ambulance builds on detail after detail: ingenious design, safety innovations, ergonomics and our award-winning ECOSmart system. Our ambulances have also achieved the best dollar-for-dollar value and contribute to the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry." states Benoit Lafortune, Demers Executive Vice President.
Demers' Type I MXP 170 ambulances offer best-in-class safety and value
- Aerodynamic roof design with integrated LED warning lights for greater durability and longevity, increased visibility for improved safety and fuel cost savings of up to 12%
- Exclusive Heads-Up Console (HUC) on dashboard provides easy access to ambulance features while letting drivers keep their eyes on the road for increased safety
- Cabinetry construction of lightweight materials combining Demers-exclusive "Interlock" rounded aluminum extrusion with modular fiberglass cabinet inserts, shatterproof Lexan doors and aluminum panels for a safer work environment, long-lasting interior, and better fuel economy
- Best in class payload capacity of up to 3,800 lbs. on a Ford F450 4x4 chassis, for less powertrain and brake wear, as well as the ability to handle heavy equipment.
- All equipment mounts or restraints are engineered to withstand a 10G static pull test, ensuring they stay in place during a crash and do not become a potential injury hazard to the occupants during a collision, not currently in the ambulance standard
- Economically and ecologically smart anti-idling ECOSmart system provides up to a 40% reduction in fuel consumption.
About Demers Ambulances
Demers, Ambulance Manufacturer Inc. (Demers Ambulances) is a World Class leader in ambulance design, manufacture, and distribution and one of the largest firms in North America. With 50 years of success, Demers has sold more than 15,000 ambulances to customers in over 20 countries. With advanced products that consistently meet and exceed expectations of emergency services specialists around the world, Demers Ambulances is recognized as an innovator in ambulance engineering, introducing and perfecting details that keep paramedics and occupants safe while meeting today's global challenges.
Demers Ambulances is accredited ISO 9001:2008 and by Transport Canada and the USA DOT, by the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) in the USA within their "MEMBER VERIFICATION PROGRAM" and recognized as a "QUALIFIED VEHICLES MODIFIER" (QVM) by the Ford Motor Company and, an approved up fitter for Mercedes Benz Sprinter Customer Assurance Program, Demers ambulances meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry. To learn more about Demers Ambulances, visit Demers-Ambulances.com
SOURCE Demers-Ambulances inc.