Holiday Helpline: Ocean Spray Answers Cooking Conundrums Consumer Helpline and Plan-it Website Offers Tips and Tools for Cooks of All Calibers
LAKEVILLE-MIDDLEBORO, Mass., Nov. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you are a seasoned hostess or planning your first Thanksgiving meal, Ocean Spray's helpline and holiday Plan-it guide (www.oceanspray.com/planit/) supply all the ingredients to take your holiday gathering from drab to fab. With 10 days left until the big day, home chefs can make the seemingly impossible task of planning, prepping, cooking and serving all the Thanksgiving fixings possible thanks to Ocean Spray's Thanksgiving specialists.
Ocean Spray's consumer helpline and Plan-it guide are valuable kitchen companions and provide easy tips and last minute tricks from traditional to contemporary menus, table settings, measurements, meal calculations and substitutions, as well as how to turn leftovers into delicious day-two creations.
Don't be afraid to seek help. Each year, Ocean Spray's experts field more than 120,000 questions, many during the frantic holiday season. Below are some fun facts about Ocean Spray's helpline, including a handful of wacky questions consumers have pondered through the years:
- Most popular question: Why won't my cranberry sauce gel?
- Most popular recipe request: Ocean Spray's Molded Cranberry Fruit Salad
- Most pressing concern: Making sauce ahead of time
- Top five wacky questions:
- When you make sauce how do you make the line in it?
- Can I dye my hair with your cranberry juice?
- Can you make juice out of Dried Cranberries?
- Can fermented juice make you drunk?
- Can I give cranberry juice to my cat for its bladder infection?
Ocean Spray's Consumer Helpline (1-800-662-3263)
Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST
Nov. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
Nov. 22, 23, 24, 26: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. EST
SOURCE Ocean Spray