Holiday Travel Tips from Vayama.com
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you are visiting far away friends and family, or just looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the holidays at home, online travel agency, Vayama.com, is the premiere international travel resource, with the best set of fares this season. And it's not too late to plan holiday travel from Thanksgiving through the New Year.
Savvy vacationers can take advantage of the many perks of traveling this fall and winter, including:
- Experience a white Christmas and your favorite winter sports at some of the world's best snowy destinations, including Niesko Village in Japan or Mzaar in Lebanon
- Enjoy smaller crowds at major tourist locales, such as the National Gallery in London and the Museum Kampa in Prague, Czech Republic
- Visit some of the worlds biggest holiday markets and yuletide festivals, such as the Cologne Christmas market in Germany,the Budapest Christmas Fair, festive lights in Slovenia's Ljubljana, Santa Claus Village in Finland and shopping haven 'Christkindlesmarkt' in Nuremberg, Germany
- Ring in the New Year at one of the world's many celebrations featuring major pyrotechnics, including the extravagant show over the Sydney opera house and harbor bridge, Taiwan's tallest skyscraper exploding with fireworks at midnight or the intricate light design at the Temple of Heaven in Bejing
- Taste international holiday meals and other dishes popular mostly in the winter time, like the Czech Republic traditional Christmas dinner of fried carp and potato salad, or raclette, a warm cheese dish, served in Switzerland and France when the weather turns cold
- Soak up some sun in warmer spots like Australia, Egypt, the Canary Islands, Cancun, Nicaragua, Belize, Panama or Argentina
"Traveling during the winter or for specific holidays is a really wonderful time to explore the rich cultures and experience the unique celebrations around the world," explains Ted Jansen, Executive Vice President at Travix International, and head of Vayama.com. "Though the weather might be colder in most places, people are always amazed to learn how much there still is to see and do."
Vayama's international experts also recommend adjusting searches to find 'side door' airlines and cities. This means smaller regional airlines, flying in and out of neighboring cities and secondary airports rather than major ones. Take for example these major international airports have great 'side door' airports that can be more affordable alternates:
- London Heathrow (LHR) alternates London Gatwick (LGW) or London Stansted (STN)
- Beijing Airport (PEK) alternate Nanyuan Airport (NAY)
- Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG) alternate Paris-Orly (ORY)
- Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok (BKK) alternate Don Mueang International Airport (DMK)
- Metro Manila Airport (MNL) alternate Clark International Airport (CRK)
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) alternate Wuxi Airport (WUX)
- Incheon International Airport in Seoul (ICN) alternate Gimpo International Airport (GMP)
- Tel Aviv Yafo (TLV) alternate Sde Dov Airport (SDV)
- New Delhi (DEL) alternate Amritsar Airport (ATQ)
- Rome's Ciampino Airport (CIA) alternate Sant'Egidio Airport (PEG)
Travelers planning their winter trips can make Vayama.com their one-stop shop for booking everything from airfare to hotel and transportation. To learn more about Vayam.com and see the comprehensive holiday offering firsthand, visit www.vayama.com.
Vayama.com is an online travel agency uniquely focused on international travel. Since 2007, the company has been committed to providing travelers with the most comprehensive set of airlines, fares and flights, allowing people to experience popular, well-traveled destinations as well as some of the most remote corners of the world. By working with a vast network of trusted global partners, Vayama taps published and negotiated fares to put the very best international content all in one place. Travelers who visit Vayama.com can browse thousands of hotels and book rooms at the lowest prices available, as well as rent cars all over the world. For more information about Vayama or to see these deals firsthand, visit www.vayama.com.
Vayama is part of one of the biggest online travel companies Travix International, based in the Netherlands. The company manages an extensive portfolio of travel-focused websites operating under the brand names CheapTickets, BudgetAir, EasyToBook, Vayama, Vliegwinkel and Flugladen. Travix operates its six brands in 17 countries, employs almost 600 staff and has combined sales of US $1,2 Billion. Travix is part of BCD Holdings N.V. www.travix-international.com.
About BCD Holdings
BCD Holdings N.V. is a market leader in the travel industry. The Dutch, privately owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management), Travix (online travel: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir and Vayama), Park 'N Fly (off-airport parking), TRX (travel transaction processing and data integration), Airtrade (consolidating and fulfillment), VakantieXperts (leisure) and Parkmobile International (mobile parking and traffic applications). BCD Holdings employs over 12,000 people and operates in more than 95 countries with total sales, including franchising, of US$ 22.1 billion. For more information, visit www.bcd-nv.com.
Contact: Ann Marie Ricard