HONEY MAID Launches "MADE CO." Initiative To Help Kids Realize Their Creative Potential NEW CONTEST SERIES OFFERS KIDS THE CHANCE TO WORK WITH EXPERTS TO HELP GET THEIR IDEAS MADE
EAST HANOVER, N.J., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, HONEY MAID launches the MADE CO. initiative, a unique contest series through which kids ages 6-12 will have the chance to win opportunities to have their ideas brought to life with the help of industry experts. MADE CO. was developed to encourage kids to cultivate their imagination and creativity, and inspire them to make things.
The HONEY MAID brand will work with a rotating roster of project experts from a variety of industries including clothing designers, game and toy makers, and book publishers, among others. These experts will post project briefs on the www.HoneyMaid.com/MadeCo site, calling for kids to submit their best and brightest ideas for consideration. Along with HONEY MAID, the industry experts will review submissions and select one winning idea per project brief to be professionally created, with the help of the winning applicant.
"As a trusted name for more than 85 years, HONEY MAID is a wholesome snack brand that has always fueled kids' creativity through everything from making graham cracker houses to making S'mores," said Gary Osifchin, Senior Marketing Director, Mondelez International. "However, lately we have noticed an emerging cultural trend of kids being less interested in making content than consuming it. MADE CO. was created as a direct response to that trend, and we are excited to re-instill a sense of creation and exploration for kids today through this new initiative."
MADE CO. launch projects include:
- A book produced by HarperCollins Publishers
- Kids will be asked to submit ideas inspired by the most funny or memorable day they've ever had. One winner and his/her parent will travel to New York City to participate in a day-long writer's workshop with My Weird School book series author Dan Gutman at HarperCollins headquarters. The winner will work with Gutman to turn his/her idea into a real book, of which ten copies will be produced by HarperCollins.
- A Phineas and Ferb Best Day Ever animated drawing workshop by Disney
- Kids will be asked to submit story ideas chronicling their Best Day Ever using the Phineas and Ferb Comic Creator on the MADE CO. website. One grand prize winner will be selected to win a digital art tablet and a trip with his/her parent to Los Angeles for a one-on-one drawing workshop with a Phineas and Ferb animator to learn how drawings are brought to life through animation. Nine first prize winners will win a digital art tablet to fuel their creativity at home.
- Create the Next Miniclip Hero
- Kids will be asked to submit ideas for a heroic character that will be designed and incorporated into an upcoming game on Miniclip.com. The winner will learn how Miniclip turns his/her character idea into the star of a Miniclip game, along with a prize pack including a mobile device filled with Miniclip games and a private video game launch party to celebrate the completed game with his/her friends and family.
"As an innovative publisher of children's content, we consider it our mission to help facilitate kids' creativity and ignite their imaginations," says Susan Katz, President and Publisher, HarperCollins Children's Books. "We see working with HONEY MAID on MADE CO. as an excellent opportunity to introduce kids to creative book-making with our author, Dan Gutman, of the popular My Weird School book series."
"Miniclip itself began when our founders dreamed up an idea for a simple, yet entertaining game," says Eric Wachs of Miniclip America, Inc. "The rapid growth of our company is testament to the fact that when combined with the right support, creativity and passion can result in fun, entertaining games enjoyed by everyone. We're excited to encourage creativity amongst kids through MADE CO."
Developed by Droga5 New York, the launch of the MADE CO. initiative also coincides with a series of television commercials created by the agency for the brand's newest snack, HONEY MAID GRAHAMFULS Filled Crackers. In keeping with the ethos of the initiative to encourage kids to create, the national advertising campaign features real kids rather than child actors bringing their ideas to life with the help of the HONEY MAID team. One television spot made using stop-motion animation was concepted and developed by an 11-year old filmmaker and another spot features a 14-year old fashion designer who created a dress line inspired by HONEY MAID GRAHAMFULS flavors. Both spots highlight the fact that with the right support, kids can make almost anything.
HONEY MAID is as dedicated to childhood innovation as it is to innovation within its own product line. In addition to HONEY MAID GRAHAMFULS, the brand has recently expanded its range to include HONEY MAID ANGRY BIRDSTM Honey Grahams and HONEY MAID LIL' SQUARES. For more information about MADE CO. and for complete details and rules, as well as the entire line of HONEY MAID products, visit www.HoneyMaid.com/MadeCo.
ABOUT MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a global snacking powerhouse, with 2012 revenue of $35 billion. Creating delicious moments of joy in 165 countries, Mondelez International is a world leader in chocolate, biscuits, gum, candy, coffee and powdered beverages, with billion-dollar brands such as Cadbury,Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, LU, Nabisco and Oreo biscuits, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gum. Mondelez International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor’s 500, NASDAQ 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
ABOUT HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS
HarperCollins Publishers, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corporation. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, mystery, romance, reference, religious and spiritual books.
Founded in 2001, Miniclip is privately owned and privately funded, with an expanding multi-national workforce distributed across ten offices in six countries. Everyone on our team, wherever they are around the globe, shares the Miniclip ethos of innovation and creativity in all that we do while of course always having fun!
SOURCE HONEY MAID