Honeywell And IFP Partner To Deliver Early Release Movies And Entertainment Flexibility For Business Jet Travelers Ovation Select entertainment enhances overall in-flight entertainment experience
PHOENIX, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has signed a partnership agreement with airline content management company IFP and its sister company, in-flight software development expert DTI, to launch a new HD audio-video on demand (AVOD) in-flight entertainment upgrade for Honeywell's Ovation Select cabin management system (CMS).
With the upgrade, passengers can enjoy a continually updated library of in-theater, new release and classic films as well as top independent and foreign films from major motion picture studios and distributors worldwide. IFP and DTI are wholly owned by Advanced Inflight Alliance (AIA), which is a subsidiary of Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The new HD AVOD option is now available to business aircraft operators as an easy-to-use upgrade to the current Ovation CMS.
In-Flight Wireless Entertainment
Ovation Select HD AVOD gives passengers new in-flight entertainment autonomy. Business fliers will now have access to films through permanently installed individual in-cabin controls and monitors, or wirelessly via personal entertainment devices such as iPads and iPhones. Features include the following:
- Comprehensive entertainment catalogue: The HD AVOD solution offers access to motion picture content provided by all the major studios as well as independent and international film distributors.
- Independent cabin control: Videos are available for simultaneous wired and/or wireless independent distribution to each in-cabin device, giving each passenger personal control over how individual in-flight entertainment is experienced.
- Compatibility with consumer electronics: The current Ovation Select CMS was designed to be compatible with many consumer electronic devices. Set-top boxes allow passengers to bring their own content on the aircraft and stream it through the CMS's HDMI port.
- Tiered subscription models: HD AVOD offers two subscription models: basic and premium. Basic subscription provides access to 25 classic titles, plus five new films per month, for a total of 85 movies. Premium subscription gives customers access to 110 movies total, and includes 50 classic titles plus five new movies per month.
- Regularly updated content: New movie updates are made on a monthly basis, in which five films are removed and another five new movies are uploaded to the onboard system.
- Robert Wilson, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace
"This enhancement of our Ovation Select CMS continues to move passengers toward a more connected aircraft. Our new HD AVOD uniquely delivers cutting-edge wireless in-flight entertainment technology that provides them with access to the latest motion picture library available — all at the touch of an icon."
- Wale Adepoju, Executive Director, IFP and DTI
"Today's business passenger wants the theater experience in the sky, and we're delighted to partner with Honeywell's Ovation Select cabin management system, which already delivers proven quality performance. The upgrade of HD AVOD is based on DTI's software platform WISE (Wireless Inflight Services & Entertainment), and together with IFP's expansive motion picture catalogue, it will greatly enhance the overall passenger experience."
- Find out more about Honeywell's Ovation Select CMS
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_Aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.