HONG KONG, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) opens the largest fashion show in Hong Kong today bringing together a range of suppliers and new products from across Asia. More than 1,500 booths are set to welcome buyers looking for the hottest items in the industry. All three shows will run from April 27 to 30 at Hong Kong's AsiaWorld-Expo:
- Fashion Accessories & Footwear
- Fashion Apparel & Fabrics
- Underwear & Swimwear
Global Sources' fashion show assembles top suppliers from mainland China, India, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, Vietnam and across Asia. Buyers will be able to source fashion products including apparel, fashion jewelry, underwear and swimwear, bags and luggage, scarves, footwear and fabrics. In addition, dedicated brand walls have been set up to help 330 ODM/OBM suppliers promote their own designs and brands.
President of Global Sources Fashion Group, Livia Yip, said: "With an eye on market trends, we strive to help buyers discover items that will be hot in the coming months. We also adapt the show to match demand for specific product categories. For instance, we have brought in a broader selection of footwear and functional fabrics this spring; the selection for bags and luggage has been increased by 50 percent from the previous show; and, to meet rising demand, the bags and luggage pavilion will become a standalone show in October 2016."
Young Designers Corner and Fashion Technology Corner introduce new high-tech products and elements to attendees and make it a perfect platform for industry players to meet fashion entrepreneurs.
"By connecting the traditional and the new, the experienced and the young, Global Sources aims to create a fashion ecosystem to help manufacturers move up the value chain," added Yip.
Co-located with the shows, TEDxHongKong will hold its first-ever event on fashion innovation, PHABULOUS, on April 30. Attendees will gain inspiration from expert speakers, selected TED videos and curated community interactions.
Other highlights of the show are:
- Footwear pavilion -- a standalone pavilion with expanded selection of sports, casual and fashion footwear.
- Young Designers Corner -- showcasing designs of talented and emerging designers from prestigious fashion institutes of local and abroad, including Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Design Institute, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong and Taiwan's Fu Jen Catholic University.
- Fashion Technology Corner -- on-site demos of the techniques that are changing fashion production, from 2D design to 3D printing applications in accessories and garments.
- Rising Designers Corner -- a platform to meet emerging talent and entrepreneurs from Hong Kong; and to discover new products both at their booths and on the catwalk.
- ASEAN Select -- featuring products from selected ASEAN countries and highlighting exhibitors with factory facilities in Myanmar, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Amazon Cross-Border Sellers Salon & Meetup -- a great opportunity to meet other Amazon cross-border sellers from mainland China and Hong Kong. Learn about the latest selling trends from Amazon's top management and how to sell products on Amazon from an expert seller. Attendees can also network with other sellers and visit quality fashion apparel, footwear and accessories suppliers at the show.
- Analyst's Choice -- an unbiased selection of new, innovative, and important products.
- Trends Forum -- featuring hot hues for the coming season, co-curated with color guru Pantone, along with big trends for Fall/Winter 2016/17 by Fashion Snoops.
- Fashion Parades -- where professional models walk the runway to showcase exhibitors' products and young designers' newest creations.
Value-added services to enhance the supplier and buyer experience
- TradeMatch allows buyers to submit requests, compare quotes, and communicate with suppliers through Global Sources Message Center.
- Buyer App enables buyers to search for exhibitors, take notes and product pictures of exhibitors they meet, as well as find products and suppliers year-round on GlobalSources.com.
- Supplier App helps exhibitors obtain buyer information instantly and to submit quotations.
- VIP Buyer Offices provide selected buyers with fully-equipped, on-site offices for meetings.
Among the thousands of buyers pre-registered to attend the shows are Adidas, Anteprima, Ebay, El Corte Ingles, Esprit, Fossil, Gap, Hugo Boss, Kate Spade, Li & Fung, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Ripley, Swarovski and Zalora.
The shows are supported by local and industry organizations including Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium and Garment Fashion Practitioners Association. International organizations including Malaysian Knitting Manufacturers Association, Textile, Clothing, Footwear Resource Centre, Korea Fashion Association, the Indian Silk Export Promotion Council, Taiwan BAGs Association, Taiwan Textile Federation and Taiwan Hosiery Manufacturers' Association also support the events.
The Global Sources Fashion show is complemented year-round by the industry's leading websites: Fashion Accessories & Footwear and Fashion Apparel & Fabrics. Each website delivers exclusive content, updated daily – including Analyst's Choice which provides an unbiased selection of new and innovative products from exhibitors, advertisers, non-advertisers and leading brands in the region.
Opening hours for the shows are:
- April 27-29 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- April 30 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Buyers can find more information about the Global Sources Fashion show and pre-register to attend at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), trade shows, magazines, and apps.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hong-kongs-largest-fashion-sourcing-show-opens-today-with-more-than-1500-booths-300257468.html
SOURCE Global Sources